Masterpieces of naturalism: Gorham's Narragansett flatware
- Scoop Up Dessert. // Better Homes & Gardens;Nov2005, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p148
Provides information on antique berry spoons in the U.S. Development of large bowl spoons in response to advances in food processing and canning; Production of porcelain berry sets; Value of ornate berry spoons.
- MATERIA NON MEDICA. Thomson, William; Edwards, P.R. // British Medical Journal;11/3/1979, Vol. 2 Issue 6198, p1131
Presents several non-medical information. Appreciation for the hobby of collecting antique silver; Knowledge on the mechanics of purchasing antique silver teaspoons; Describes the association of incidents with superstitious beliefs regarding Friday the thirteenth.
- Two Maine Auctions. Sisco, Mark // Maine Antique Digest;Jun2011, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p1
No abstract available.
- Handmade sterling silver. Ledes, Allison Eckardt // Magazine Antiques;Nov2007, Vol. 172 Issue 5, p38
The article presents a reprint of an article about handmade sterling silver flatware, which appeared in the June 2007 issue of "The Magazine Antiques." It describes how such utensils are manufactured, and what makes the silver denser, harder and tougher than machine-made sterling flatware. A...
- German Rococo silver jardiniÃ¨re. Luetkens, Christian // Apollo: The International Magazine for Collectors;Oct2011, Vol. 174 Issue 591, p7
An image of a 1751-1758 German Rococo silver jardiniÃ¨re by Christian Luetkens is presented.
- HANDLED WITH STYLE. Medford, Sarah // Town & Country;Feb2001, Vol. 155 Issue 5249, p107
Offers information on prices of silver cutlery with decorative handles. Price of the Honey Tulip fork from Delarboulas; Cost of Scof's Guimard spoon in faux tortoise and stainless steel; Price of the Tonga knife in spiral resin and stainless steel.
- From our kitchen. Hurst, Andria Scott // Southern Living;Jul2002, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p182
Presents cooking tips for the kitchen. Techniques of grating the corn; Suggestion of Nora Henshaw on sprinkling of pineapple juice to freshly cut fruits to prevent from browning; Storage of shape hamburgers on a baking sheets; Replacement of missing silver flatwares from The Silver Queen shop. ...
- Make Your Silver Shine. // Southern Living;Nov2011, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p14
The article presents information on how to remove tarnish from silverware, prevent tarnish from silverware and properly store silverware.
- Call Me Old - Fashioned. Miller, Sarah Gray // Country Living;Aug2009, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p12
The article focuses on the author's experience of following the tradition of her mother and grandmother by wearing a minidress at her wedding and using her mother's silver flatware. She says that she has often been mistaken for a thoroughly modern girl as she got married in a minidress. She says...