Masterpieces of naturalism: Gorham's Narragansett flatware
- COLLECTORS' FOCUS. Crichton-Miller, Emma // Apollo: The International Magazine for Collectors;Dec2014, Vol. 180 Issue 626, p90
The article discusses the collecting of Georgian silver, as well as the sale and prices of such pieces. Topics discussed include silver in the rococo style, the relative affordability of silver flatware, and the July 2013 Exceptional Sale held by auction house Christie's. The preferences of...
- Scoop Up Dessert. // Better Homes & Gardens;Nov2005, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p148
Provides information on antique berry spoons in the U.S. Development of large bowl spoons in response to advances in food processing and canning; Production of porcelain berry sets; Value of ornate berry spoons.
- Two Maine Auctions. Sisco, Mark // Maine Antique Digest;Jun2011, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p1
No abstract available.
- Handmade sterling silver. Ledes, Allison Eckardt // Magazine Antiques;Nov2007, Vol. 172 Issue 5, p38
The article presents a reprint of an article about handmade sterling silver flatware, which appeared in the June 2007 issue of "The Magazine Antiques." It describes how such utensils are manufactured, and what makes the silver denser, harder and tougher than machine-made sterling flatware. A...
- MATERIA NON MEDICA. Thomson, William; Edwards, P.R. // British Medical Journal;11/3/1979, Vol. 2 Issue 6198, p1131
Presents several non-medical information. Appreciation for the hobby of collecting antique silver; Knowledge on the mechanics of purchasing antique silver teaspoons; Describes the association of incidents with superstitious beliefs regarding Friday the thirteenth.
- German Rococo silver jardiniÃ¨re. Luetkens, Christian // Apollo: The International Magazine for Collectors;Oct2011, Vol. 174 Issue 591, p7
An image of a 1751-1758 German Rococo silver jardiniÃ¨re by Christian Luetkens is presented.
- HANDLED WITH STYLE. Medford, Sarah // Town & Country;Feb2001, Vol. 155 Issue 5249, p107
Offers information on prices of silver cutlery with decorative handles. Price of the Honey Tulip fork from Delarboulas; Cost of Scof's Guimard spoon in faux tortoise and stainless steel; Price of the Tonga knife in spiral resin and stainless steel.
- LBJ autograph. Cox, Larry // Wilson County News;8/19/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 33, p14B
The article presents questions and answers related to collected items, including the value of a signed photo of former U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson, California Dresden dishes and an inherited set of sterling flatware.
- The tea-picker design on English rococo silver tea caddies. Kaellgren, C. Peter // Magazine Antiques;Feb82, Vol. 121 Issue 2, p484
The article reports on the Chinoiserie design on English rococo silver tea caddies. It states that Chinoiserie designs constitute one of the more showy aspects of the rococo silver made by many silversmiths in the 18th century. The author notes that English rococo Chinoiseries silver seems to...