Masterpieces of naturalism: Gorham's Narragansett flatware
- Scoop Up Dessert. // Better Homes & Gardens;Nov2005, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p148
Provides information on antique berry spoons in the U.S. Development of large bowl spoons in response to advances in food processing and canning; Production of porcelain berry sets; Value of ornate berry spoons.
- Handmade sterling silver. Ledes, Allison Eckardt // Magazine Antiques;Nov2007, Vol. 172 Issue 5, p38
The article presents a reprint of an article about handmade sterling silver flatware, which appeared in the June 2007 issue of "The Magazine Antiques." It describes how such utensils are manufactured, and what makes the silver denser, harder and tougher than machine-made sterling flatware. A...
- Two Maine Auctions. Sisco, Mark // Maine Antique Digest;Jun2011, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p1
No abstract available.
- MATERIA NON MEDICA. Thomson, William; Edwards, P.R. // British Medical Journal;11/3/1979, Vol. 2 Issue 6198, p1131
Presents several non-medical information. Appreciation for the hobby of collecting antique silver; Knowledge on the mechanics of purchasing antique silver teaspoons; Describes the association of incidents with superstitious beliefs regarding Friday the thirteenth.
- Rococo silver in Europe. Hawley, Henry // Magazine Antiques;Jan95, Vol. 147 Issue 1, p148
Discusses the development of the rococo style in European art. Features of the rococo silver in Europe; Role of Aurele Mesissonnier in the development of the rococo style; Stylistic originality of the rococo style.
- German Rococo silver jardiniÃ¨re. Luetkens, Christian // Apollo: The International Magazine for Collectors;Oct2011, Vol. 174 Issue 591, p7
An image of a 1751-1758 German Rococo silver jardiniÃ¨re by Christian Luetkens is presented.
- HANDLED WITH STYLE. Medford, Sarah // Town & Country;Feb2001, Vol. 155 Issue 5249, p107
Offers information on prices of silver cutlery with decorative handles. Price of the Honey Tulip fork from Delarboulas; Cost of Scof's Guimard spoon in faux tortoise and stainless steel; Price of the Tonga knife in spiral resin and stainless steel.
- A tankard by Myer Myers. Barquist, David L. // Magazine Antiques;Jan2009, Vol. 175 Issue 1, p152
The article reviews the exhibition "Myer Myers: Jewish Silversmith in Colonial New York," at the Yale University Art Gallery in New Haven, Connecticut.
- The tea-picker design on English rococo silver tea caddies. Kaellgren, C. Peter // Magazine Antiques;Feb82, Vol. 121 Issue 2, p484
The article reports on the Chinoiserie design on English rococo silver tea caddies. It states that Chinoiserie designs constitute one of the more showy aspects of the rococo silver made by many silversmiths in the 18th century. The author notes that English rococo Chinoiseries silver seems to...