FLORIDA: A New Ballgame?
- THE PUBLIC FORUM ... EL FORO PÃšBLICO... // La Prensa San Diego;3/1/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p6
The article presents the views of the authors on lack of plans for providing accommodation for 12-13 year old baseball players in San Diego, California and lack of ability of San Diego Congressional delegation to answer the queries related to sequestration.
- Proposed Tax on Ballplayers Puts A Wrinkle in D.C.'s Stadium Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/12/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31633, p4
If the District of Columbia is not allowed in the future to tax baseball players' income earned in the city, that prohibition would not stop the district from issuing $291.9 million of insured revenue bonds as of May 2003 to help build a $463 million stadium, a city spokesman said.What if the...
- LOCKDOWN MODE. Sheehan, Joe // Sports Illustrated;5/21/2012, Vol. 116 Issue 21, p51
The author offers opinions on baseball players including Bryce Harper of the Washington Nationals, Brett Lawrie of the Toronto Blue Jays and Starlin Castro of the Chicago Cubs whose teams he argues should offer them long-term contracts to retain their services.
- Rocket!. McCallum, Jack; O'Brien, Richard; al, et // Sports Illustrated;12/23/96, Vol. 85 Issue 26, p20
Presents two graphs depicting the rise in baseball pitcher Roger Clemen's annual salary from 1985-1997 and the decline in his winning percentage from 1985-1996.
- Atlanta's Andruw Jones Gets Record $8.2 Million In Arbitration Win. // Jet;03/12/2001, Vol. 99 Issue 13, p48
Mentions that baseball player Andruw Jones of the Atlanta Braves has set a salary arbitration record.
- There are options for teams looking to make a free-agent splash-but it'll cost 'em. McNeal, Stan // Sporting News;11/8/2010, Vol. 234 Issue 25, p49
The article examines baseball players who are free agents following the 2010 season, focusing on three players considered likely to sign lucrative contracts, pitcher Cliff Lee and outfielders Carl Crawford and Jayson Werth.
- THE HOBBY'S BIGGEST SUPER-HERO. SLIEPKA, DAVE // Beckett Baseball;Feb2017, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p4
The article focuses on baseball player Mike Trout and presents several advantages and disadvantages of investing in his cards such as personality and injuries along with graphs related to his performance.
- Albert Belle Tops List Of Highest-Paid Blacks In Baseball. // Jet;04/26/99, Vol. 95 Issue 21, p48
Reports that Baltimore Orioles outfielder Albert Belle will be the highest-paid black Major League Baseball player in the 1999 season.
- Humana will refund $6.3 million in Fla. // Modern Healthcare;6/6/94, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p6
Reports on Florida-based Humana Health Insurance Co.'s payment of $6.3 million in refunds and investigative costs, in relation to complaints about overcharging on hospital bills. Joint investigation conducted by Attorney General Bob Butterworth and Insurance Commissioner Tom Gallagher; Overbill...