The Trading Floor
- Is FGIC's low-risk strategy dead? Analysts say change may be needed. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30782, p33
Reports on the opinion of analysts that Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. needs to change its strategy of underwriting deals primarily in low-risk sectors. Change suggested by a light third-quarter production and management change at GE Capital; Asset-backed and international market as future...
- Credit Enhancement Of Public and Rule 144A ABS. // Asset Securitization Report;2nd Quarter 2003 Guarantor, Vol. 2003, p2
Reveals the value generated from credit enhancement of public and Rule 144A asset-backed securities (ABS) during the second quarter of 2003. Share of the non-collateralized debt obligations ABS; Revenues generated by Ambac Inc., Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. and MBIA Inc.; Investment banks...
- FGIC into new assets, CDOs. // Asset Securitization Report;1/26/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the plans of Financial Guaranty Insurance Corp. for 2004. Asset-backed deals being eyed by the company; Restructured monoline of the company in the United States.
- FGIC on a tear in first quarter. Donovan, Kevin // Asset Securitization Report;4/26/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 17, p5
Reports on the growth of the businesses of Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC) in the U.S. for the first quarter. Expansion of the other consumer asset classes of the firm; Means of issuing mortgage-related asset-backed securities; Relationship of FGIC with mortgage insurers.
- FGIC Expects to Expand After Being Sold by GE. Shenn, Jody // American Banker;8/5/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 149, p10
As its rivals in the bond insurance business expanded into asset-backed securities, Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC) has mostly stuck to its role as a guarantor of municipal bonds. The PMI-led investor group agreed to pay $2.16 billion for 95% of FGIC, a unit of GE Insurance. That...
- FGIC moves into CDO secondary. Mulholland, Sarah // Asset Securitization Report;10/25/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 41, p1
No abstract available.
- Litigation Troubles in Potential Monoline Breakup. G. S. // Asset Securitization Report;2/25/2008, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p14
The article discusses the litigation issues in separating bond insurance. It is stated that the news has been focused on monolines after the announcement made by Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC) on its attempt to separate its municipal book of business from its structured finance assets....
- FGIC. // Asset Securitization Report;10/24/2005 Supplement, Vol. 5, p3
Lists the asset-backed securities (ABS) guaranteed by the Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC). American Home Mortgage Investment Trust; GMAC Mortgage Loan Trust; Countrywide Home Equity Loan Trust; GMAC-RFC RFMS II; Hedged Mutual Fund Fee Trust, sold by Citibank NA; Cendant Timeshare...
- WRAP WATCH. // Asset Securitization Report;8/1/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 30, p28
Presents the wrap accounts specific to asset-backed securities (ABS) in the United States as of August 2005. American Municipal Bond Assurance Corp.; Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.; Federal Savings Association; Municipal Bond Insurance Association; Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Co.; XI Capital...