Outgoing Mayor to Rejoin Detroit Law Firm
- Archer's good, but he sure could use a COO. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;3/11/96, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p6
Opinion. Argues the point that Detroit Mayor, Dennis Archer needs a president or COO. Reasons.
- Archer's stock rises. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/11/96, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p46
Reports that Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer was designated one of `The 25 Most Dynamic Mayors in America' according to the November 1996 issue of `Newsweek magazine's `A' list. How Archer was labelled; Identification of other individuals who made the list.
- Detroit Mayor Archer Won't Seek Third Term. // Jet;05/07/2001, Vol. 99 Issue 21, p26
Reports that Dennis Archer, Mayor of Detroit, Michigan, will not seek re-election in November 2001.
- Agenda after Archer: Here's our to-do list. // Crain's Detroit Business;04/23/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p8
Provides a list of concerns that potential successors of Detroit, Michigan Mayor Dennis Archer should address. Achievements of Archer as mayor; Focus on addressing the anti-business attitudes that permeate much of Detroit; Development of abandoned properties.
- With Archer leaving, now what will happen? Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;04/23/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p8
Comments on Dennis Archer's decision not to seek a third term as Detroit, Michigan mayor. Evaluation of Archer's performance; Number of signatures needed to file for the mayoral election by June 19, 2001; Support of the city's business community for a mayoral candidate.
- Archer's looking for a clear mandate Tuesday. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;11/03/97, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p46
Discusses the possible second four-year term of Mayor Dennis Archer of Detroit, Michigan after the 1997 election. Fortuitous events used by Archer to garner maximum public exposure; Projects and agenda of Archer.
- MICHIGAN: Archer's Last Acts. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31273, p37
Reports on the spending plan proposed by Detroit, Michigan Mayor Dennis Archer to compensate for a funding gap in the state budget. Spending cuts proposed by Archer; Decision to sell the former Detroit House of Corrections; Reductions in the city's fire department and police budget.
- Archer likely to be hot board candidate. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;04/23/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p9
Reports on the likelihood that retiring Detroit, Michigan Mayor Dennis Archer will be a top board candidate for public companies in the Midwest and beyond. Qualifications of Archer; Estimated compensation for corporate directors; Possibility of Archer's appointment as the first African-American...
- Think green, not black. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/25/93, Vol. 9 Issue 43, p6
Editorial. Discusses the focus on race issues during the Detroit mayoral campaign. Mayoral candidates Dennis Archer and Sharon McPhail; City of Detroit's need for business investment that creates jobs and stabilizes neighborhoods; McPhail's campaign which questions Archer's `blackness';...