Analysts Downplay E-Commerce's Threat to State, Local Taxes
- Will M-Commerce Live Up To The Hype? // Wireless Week;01/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p15
Focuses on a survey which assessed the status of mobile commerce in both business and consumer markets. Findings of the survey; Recommendations of the survey.
- Backhauling limits the Internet's global reach. Higgins, Ron // Network World;06/22/98, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p42
Presents information on the limitation surrounding the Internet when it comes to global electronic commerce. Reference to `The Emerging Digital Economy,' a study by the Department of Commerce, published in April 1998; Examination of the limitations; Background information on the Internet; What...
- Future-Built Enterprises. Brockbank, Bray J. // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p19
Focuses on the growth of electronic commerce in the U.S. Direct correlationship between Internet-based business and productivity improvements; Advantages of electronic business.
- Internet Speed. Sheehy, Barry // Executive Excellence;Jul2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the accentuation of Internet speed in electronic-commerce. Pursuit of accelerated product development; Challenges faced by legacy players; Concerns over the disregard of traditional values in conducting business; Limitations of electronic-commerce.
- E-Growth. Barrett, Craig // Executive Excellence;Apr2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the growth of the business-to-business side of electronic business. Growth of Internet-related firms Google and Intel; Examples of exponential growth in users and expectations in electronic commerce; Need for an electronic business to get involved with its suppliers, customers,...
- Mid-Life Crisis Strikes the New Economy. Isaac, Peter // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jul2000, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p68
Comments on developments in the Internet industry worldwide as of July 2000. Reasons for disenchantment with the Internet; Names of companies that entered the business-to-business electronic commerce sector; Reasons for the crisis in the industry; Bandwidth problems; Lack of legal barriers to...
- Sixth Senator Puts Hold on Internet Tax Bill as Law's Sunset Nears. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31751, p5
Reveals that six senators have placed holds on a bill that would extend the federal moratorium on Internet access taxes and Internet-specific taxes. Goal of the proposed bill to prevent states and localities from imposing taxes on Internet access and prevent them from levying multiple or...
- DUBAI GOES DIGITAL. RAKESH, K.M. // Siliconindia;May2000, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p94
Focuses on the launch of a project to create an Internet free zone in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE), called Dubai Internet City. Goal to transform the UAE into a major electronic commerce destination in the Middle East; Establishment of an Internet university; Allowance of the entry of...
- Dubai Internet City: Distant Destination? Sundaram, Vasanthi // Siliconindia;Nov2002, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p40
Highlights the Dubai Internet City (DIC), a free trade zone for electronic commerce in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Services offered by DIC; Factors influencing businesses to establish their presence in DIC; Justification for the high service costs.
- Supercharge Your Internet Connection. Colvard, Michael; Charles, Steven // Review of Ophthalmology;Sep2003 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the increasing use of the Internet to provide fee schedules or to perform electronic billing. Description of a broadband Internet connection; Costs of a business broadband; Problems of cable connections.