Beige Book Reports Economy Still Soft
- CAPITAL WATCH. Vekshin, Alison; Kinnander, Ola; Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/30/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31438, p4
Reports developments on capital investment in the U.S. as of July 2002. Identification of the Federal Reserve Board nominees; Creation of federal public-private program for school construction; Establishment of bill regulating transit funds.
- Kohn: Savings Rate May Be 'Reasonably Durable'. // Bond Buyer;5/12/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33315, p2
The article reports that the increase of savings rate could reduce the government's account deficit caused by global economic crisis, according to U.S. Federal Reserve Board vice president Donald Kohn.
- There's a Lot to Learn About Managing Money. // Financial Update;Apr-Jun2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p28
Reports on the campaign launched by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board on the importance of sensible financial practices across all levels of the U.S. economy, as of April 1, 2003.
- Fed Gov. Duke Stresses Financial Literacy. // Financial Update;Apr-Jun2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the comments of the Governor of the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank Elizabeth Duke that, there is a need to provide financial education to consumers in the country as consumers today must choose from an increasingly complex array of financial products. According to Duke, there...
- Fed Says It Earned $3.4B On AIG Investments In 2010. Postal, Arthur D. // National Underwriter / P&C;1/17/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the announcement by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board that it earned 3.4 billion U.S. dollars in 2010 from its investments in the American International Group (AIG) Inc.
- A SHORT-TERM MODEL OF THE FED'S PORTFOLIO CHOICE. // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);2003 Third Quarter, p48
Presents a summary of the article "A Short-Term Model of the Fed's Portfolio Choice," by Dean Croushore.
- How the Federal Reserve affects your portfolio. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;3/31/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p15
The article discusses the impact of U.S. Federal Reserve rules on a business portfolio. According to the article, the Federal Reserve plays a number of roles when it comes to managing the nation's money supply, controlling how much money is actually available in the economic system. It also...
- Despite Greenspan Comments, Economists See Fed Buying Few Munis. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;02/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31078, p4
Reports the purchase of few general obligation municipal bonds for the portfolio of Federal Reserve Board in the United States. Approaches to managing portfolio; Details on the dwindling supply of Treasury securities; Concerns over interest deductibles.
- Capital Export Controls Eased. Bratter, Herbert // Banking;May69, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p60
Focuses on the program developed by the U.S. to ease controls on capital outflows and the decision of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board to relax guidelines covering foreign credits and investments by banks, as of April 1969. Attributions to the seeming anomaly of easing in the light of the...