E-Commerce Sales Rose 8.3% in 3Q
- Getting traction. // Electrical Wholesaling;Feb98, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p32
Assesses the impact of the Web in conducting business activities on the automobile, personal computers, securities, telephony, travel, information and publishing industries. Setting up of a Web site by Michael Dell, CEO of Dell Computer Corp. to sell computers directly to consumers at the...
- The virtual future. // Electrical Wholesaling;Feb98, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p37
Presents the study conducted by the Product Identification and Communications Committee regarding the details of the electronic data interchange via the Internet. Use of virtual networks to coordinate inventory and other back-office functions among distributors, manufacturers, and reps;...
- They're doing it overseas-electronic commerce. Kilbane, Doris // Automatic I.D. News;July97, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p53
Presents different projects in enhancing electronic commerce. Project GoldenDEN sponsored by The Association of Developing Financial Institutions in Asia which in Asia; The RSA-based Secured Electronic Transaction (SET) certificates which will be issued by Persetel; Electronic commerce package...
- Commerce on the 'net--where virtual meets reality. Herman, David A. // Business Credit;Jun98, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p67
Focuses on the progress of electronic commerce, the buying and selling of products on the Internet, in the United States. Percentage of America Online subscribers that have purchased products; Concerns of users regarding electronic commerce; Reference to research conducted on electronic commerce...
- E-convergence. Sheridan, Kevin // Bank Marketing;Jul98, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p85
Explains the concept of convergence in electronic commerce. Types of convergence; Speed of information access; Business value.
- On-line forecast: Act fast. McManus, Terry // Crain's Chicago Business;12/08/97, Vol. 20 Issue 49, pSB3
Reports that business development experts are advicing entrepreneurs to utilize the Internet as a resource guide. Importance of online marketing in the 1990s; Advantages of the Internet.
- Get started with e-commerce. Hruska, Jennifer // Electronic Musician;Nov99, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p108
Presents pointers for consideration when venturing into electronic commerce for the marketing and distribution of musical recordings, services and products.
- Making good decisions doing business on the Web. Earle, David A. // Fairfield County Business Journal;08/03/98, Vol. 37 Issue 31, p9
Gives advice on how to select effective strategies for electronic commerce. Planning for the web site; Selection of a management consultant; Samples of vendor questions and list of resources.
- Safe passage. Joch, Alan // Inc.;1997 Inc. Technology 4, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p123
Focuses on how to make financial transactions as secure on-line as they are in face-to-face meetings. Why many customers feel confident buying goods on-line; Use of the secure sockets layer (SSL) protocol; Its features and capabilities; Price ranges for SSL-enabled World Wide Web-server...
- Gearing up for E-commerce. Sheridan, John H. // Industry Week/IW;11/18/96, Vol. 245 Issue 21, p43
Focuses on the use of electronic commerce by the vendors of enterprise-resource-planning software. Deployment of limited Internet linkages; Order promising in scheduling. INSET: Talk about slashing prices!..