NABL Releases Bold Plan to Shift Liability Away From Bondholders
- Panel: Counsel should revisit unqualified opinion standard. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;05/11/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30390, p36
Reports on issues discussed during the May 8, 1998 seminar of the National Association of Bond Lawyers. Unreliability of unqualified bond opinions in making municipal bond decisions; Complexity of rules that apply to municipal transactions; Prospects for a revised `model engagement letter' that...
- NABL: Target tax benefits. Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;02/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30831, p1
Reports that the United States-based National Association of Bond Lawyers' (NABL) Task Force on Financial Products is developing products for the municipal bond market as of February 17, 2000. Tax-exempt bond products; Sale of non-tax-exempt products to pension funds.
- NABL's Pope Says Appeals Court Ruling Has Serious Implications for Leases, COPs. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30481, p4
Warns of the implications for `subject-to-appropriation bonds' and `non-debt debt' of the Eighth United States Circuit Court of Appeals ruling in `Franklin High Yield Tax-Free Income Fund v. County of Marin.' Speech by Robert Dean Dean, former president of the National Association of Bond...
- MUNICIPAL BOND ACTIVITIES. // Bond Buyer;2/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31576, p28
Lists activities of groups and organizations associated with municipal bonds in the U.S., as of February 20, 2003. Convention of the National Association of Bond Lawyers for persons with municipal finance experience; Workshop to be held by the California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission...
- NABL should champion a disclosure rule, not fight it. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30526, p34
Opinion. Discusses the political contributions that public finance lawyers make to officials of municipal bond issuers in the United States. Call for the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) to create a system to provide disclosure rules; Provisions under the proposed mandatory...
- NABL Chief Urges IRS Reform; Maco Reviews SEC Actions. Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;03/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31104, p4
Reports on National Association of Bond Lawyers President Hobby Presley's call for market participants to support the association's proposal to reform the United States Internal Revenue Service's municipal bond enforcement program. Reasons why reform is necessary; Presley's response to many of...
- NABL Board Sets High-Level Meetings. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/25/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31064, p2
Reports on the planned meeting of board members of the National Association of Bond Lawyers with the leaders and representatives of key market groups and securities regulators to exchange municipal securities agenda and key issues of concern. Key personalities who have been invited to the meeting.
- Tax Enforcement: Treasury Concerned About NABL's Enforcement Proposal. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p4
Reports on the concerns of the U.S. Treasury Department regarding National Association of Bond Lawyers' (NABL) proposal to overhaul municipal bond enforcement. Shortcomings of the proposal; Impact of the proposal on taxation in the country; Opponents of the proposal.
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p30
Presents a series of conference related to municipal bonds in the U.S. Theme of the conference conducted by the Bond Market Association; Venue of the Fundamentals of Municipal Bond Law seminar of the National Association of Bond Lawyers; Contact information for the annual conference of the...