Right to Controvert Affidavit Supporting a Warrant
- Sufficiency of Informer's Affidavit Support a Warrant. Matthews Jr., Charles H. // California Law Review;Mar1973, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p506
Discusses the California Supreme Court case 'People v. Superior Court (Johnson),' in which it upheld the sufficiency of an affidavit supporting a search warrant. Facts of the case; Laws relevant to the case; Reasons of the court for overturning a lower court's holding of insufficiency.
- PROBABLE CAUSE IN A WORLD OF PURE IMAGINATION: WHY THE CANDYMAN WARRANTS SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN GOLDEN TICKETS TO SEARCH. Cavanagh, Francis A. // St. John's Law Review;Summer2006, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p1091
The article offers a look at the rulings on the appeals of two male members of electronic groups involved in child pornography regarding the search warrants issued on them. The warrants were issued using an affidavit which stated that members were automatically sent with pornographic materials....
- Obtaining Prescription Records Requires a Search Warrant in Louisiana. // Correctional Mental Health Report;May2010, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p13
The article offers information on the requirements of Louisiana court to require a search warrant for medical and prescription records. It states that the right to privacy of an individuals' medical and prescription records is an expectation of privacy that the society should be prepared to...
- CREDIT INFORMATION. // Buffalo Law Journal;6/25/2007, Vol. 79 Issue 51, p26
A list of judgments and warrants from the Supreme Court of Buffalo City and Erie County, New York is presented. Data provided include names of debtors and creditors, location of properties amount of assess and liabilities, date filed and the legal counsel handling the case. First on the list is...
- The Furtive Gesture Rule. Murray, Thomas M. // California Law Review;May72, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p881
Discusses the California Supreme Court's rulings on cases involving warrantless searches of vehicles stopped initially for minor traffic violations. Facts of the case; Laws relevant to the case; Basis of the court decision.
- CREDIT INFORMATION. // Buffalo Law Journal;4/3/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 27, p25
Lists the judgments, warrants and bankruptcies filed in courts in New York State.
- CREDIT INFORMATION. // Buffalo Law Journal;5/18/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 40, p25
Presents a list of debt-related cases filed in New York in April and May 2006. Judgments satisfied by Buffalo City Court; Warrants filed in Niagara County; Bankruptcy-related cases filed on May 9.
- EVALUATION OF AFFIDAVITS AND INSSUANCE OF SEARCH WARRANTS: A PRACTICAL GUIDE FOR FEDERAL MAGISTRATES. Burnett, Arthur L. // Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology;Sep1973, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p270
The article presents a guide for federal magistrates in evaluating affidavits and issuance of search warrants in the U.S. Although the information submitted to a magistrate must set forth sufficient grounds for the issuance of a search warrant, factual statements in an affidavit need not...
- Spousal Privileges in the Federal Law. Kardell, Robert // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Aug2003, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p26
Provides information on spousal privileges according to the federal law in the U.S. Prerequisites for the application of the marital communications privilege; Impact of the death of a spouse or divorce on the adverse spousal testimony privilege; Background on the use of search warrants,...