Lipodystrophy Syndrome and Self-Assessment of Well-Being and Physical Appearance in HIV-Positive Patients
- Volunteers needed for study of HIV viral load test. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Feb1996, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p52
Reports that volunteers are needed from among HIV-infected persons for a study on HIV viral load. Who is carrying out study; How test will be done; How to obtain more information.
- Role of Long-Term Nucleoside-Analogue Therapy in Lipodystrophy and Metabolic Disorders in Human Immunodeficiency Virus--Infected Patients. Ch � ne, Genevi � ve; Angelini, Emmanuelle; Cotte, Laurent; Lang, Jean-Marie; Morlat, Philippe; Rancinan, Corinne; May, Thierry; Journot, Val � rie; Raffi, Francois; Jarrousse, Bernard; Grappin, Mich � le; Lepeu, G � rard; Molina, Jean-Michel // Clinical Infectious Diseases;3/1/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p649
Explores the role of nucleoside analogues in lipodystrophy (LD) syndrome and metabolic disorders in HIV-infected patients. Factors associated with LD syndrome; Prevalence of morphologic signs of LD and fasting metabolic parameters at month 30 of follow-up in patients; Hypotheses offered about...
- Gemfibrozil: Once-daily formulation may improve compliance. // Geriatrics;Dec93, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p58
Reports on the findings of a study regarding the use of gemfibrozil for the control of dyslipidemia titled `Once-daily, extended release gemfibrozil in patients with dyslipidemia,' by AM Gotto Jr., WJ Breen, CN Corder et al.
- Hyperlipidaemia. // GP: General Practitioner;11/11/2002, p75
Focuses on the disease hyperlipidaemia. Classification and screening of the disease; Symptoms of the disease; Assessing and treating hyperlipidaemia; Effect of Non-drug therapy.
- Lipid disorders are important causes of death and disability. Dale, David C.; Federman, Daniel D. // Cortlandt Forum;03/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p28
Reports that the resulting vascular diseases of lipid disorders are the most important causes of death and disability in the United States.
- AACE releases consensus statement on detection of lipodystrophy. // Endocrine Today;Mar2013, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p47
The article reports that a statement has been issued by the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists outlining criteria for increasing the detection of lipodystrophy.
- lipodystrophy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1348
A definition of the term "lipodystrophy," which refers to the disturbance of fat metabolism, is presented.
- remnant removal disease. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2000
A definition of the term "remnant removal disease" which refers to a lipid metabolism disorder marked by impaired uptake of lipoproteins by the liver is presented.
- Tenofovir failed to meet study endpoints in adolescents with HIM-1. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Mar2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses research on the safety of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate among HIV-1-positive adolescents, by Marinella Della Negra and colleagues, published in "Pediatrics Infectious Diseases Journal."