Rural tinkerer builds the first airplane made in Afghanistan
- History maker Tinker recovers from wet start to win on Teesside. Carter, Derek // Motor Sport News: The Voice of British Motorsport;5/6/2009, p32
The article reports on the history made by Martyn Tinker as first winner in the ALM Autodrome Stages at South Tees Motorsports Park in Great Britain. It states that Tinker was beaten by John Gaskin on the opening stage. However, the extra grip and spin of Tinker promoted him into a lead despite...
- In the cruel mountains. Ajami, Fouad // U.S. News & World Report;10/1/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 13, p29
Comments on the encounter between the United States and the Taliban radicals of Afghanistan. History of Afghanistan that includes the role of the Taliban; Implications of Afghanistan as the first target; The scarcity of Taliban supporters; Role of Pakistan; Decision which must be made by...
- Tinker, Tailor. Goose, Mother // Collected Classic Poems, Lamb to Poe;2012, p1
The poem "Tinker, Tailor" is presented. First Line: Tinker, Tailor, Last Line: Barn.
- Langmuir approach to rural development. Rajvanshi, Anil K. // Current Science (00113891);10/10/2008, Vol. 95 Issue 7, p841
Historically, technology development for rural areas has followed tinkering approach or use of rudimentary technology. It is shown that very sophisticated science and technology is needed for producing devices for rural applications. This process can also result in fundamental research....
- Gaining Muscle. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/20/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 22, p120
The article discusses the upgrades made to the Rafale strike fighter after the first use of the airplane by the French air force during operations in Libya and Afghanistan. The precision guided-weapons system of the fighters is under consideration, and the article looks at low-yield warheads...
- Boeing's first. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/20/97, Vol. 147 Issue 16, p19
Reports that Boeing's first stretched 777-300 airplane made its first test flight. Length of the flight; Pilots.
- First Galaxy is to be built entirely in Israel. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Nov95, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p24
Reports on Israel Aircraft Industries' plans to build its first Galaxy airplane in Israel rather than Russia.
- Rider in the Sky: How an American Cowboy Build England's First Airplane (Book). // Science Teacher;Mar2004, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p60
Reviews the book "Rider in the Sky: How an American Cowboy Build England's First Airplane," by John Hulls.
- Tailor Made. Wachter, Paul // Tennis;Aug2007, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p74
The article focuses on how to build a tennis racket like the pros. The author reports that tinkering with the specs on your racket can turn a good racket into a great one. Attention is given to the rackets made by Roman Prokes, owner of RPNY Tennis, as well as tips on how to build a perfect racket.
- 3...2...1...LIFT OFF! Kessler, James // Cricket;Sep2002, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p42
Presents instructions for building a paper airplane.