PNC Hires Stockwell For Muni Investments
- LIFE AFTER BRINSON. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;11/13/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p60
Presents an interview with executives Peter Wuffli and Jeffrey Diermeier of UBS Asset Management on portfolio management in Chicago, Illinois. Career background of Wuffli and Diermeier; Account on the merger between UBS, Brinson Partners Inc. and Phillips & Drew Ltd.; Corporate strategy in...
- Model misspecification and bias in the evaluation of the... Diltz, J. David; Lockwood, Larry J. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Winter90, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p3
Proposes a model to evaluate the market-timing performance of portfolio managers. Background information on portfolio managers' market-timing performance; Data used in the study; Up/down (UD) model; Alternative market-timing model; Testable propositions; Analysis of mutual fund industry...
- Smooth selection. Sullivan, James // Money Marketing;7/29/2010, p20
In this article, the author discusses the significance of multi-manager in selecting a range of specialist managers that can create optimal portfolio in Great Britain.
- Big is beautiful, small is sexy. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;6/29/2005, p66
Discusses the usability of outsources fund management in private investments in South Africa. Selection of interests of clients and monitor performance; Advantages and disadvantages of being a small fund manager; Consideration of performance investments.
- Maximizing Your Plan's Efficiency: Risk Budgeting. Chinery, Bill // Canadian Investment Review;Summer2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p35
Offers tips related to risk budgeting and investment planning. Allocation and control of active risk between managers; Maximization of active return; Identification of risk aversion factor.
- Align Items. Koreto, Richard J. // Financial Planning;Dec2001, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p63
Considers the outlook of some financial executives for the investment market. Need for investment strategies to change due to market volatility; Opportunities for portfolio enhancement in Asia; Consideration of tax issues by planners.
- Manager's new housing moves give his fund a boost. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;01/20/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30561, p7
Profiles managers of top performing intermediate municipal bond funds. Factors attributed to the managers' success; Portfolio manager of the One Group Municipal Income Intermediate Fund, Patrick Morrissey's investment in multifamily housing bonds; manager of the Tax-Exempt Intermediate Fund of...
- Former L&G workplace pensions boss joins Quai platform. Glenister, Michael // Money Marketing (Online Edition);6/11/2014, p7
The article announces the appointment of Tony Filbin, former Legal & General (L&G) managing director of workplace pensions, as a non-executive director of Quai Administration, a provider of white-label platform and portfolio management administration.
- 2 undertake search for timber managers. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;9/21/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the recruitment efforts of the State Teachers Retirement System fund of Ohio, Columbus and the California Public Employees' Retirement System fund in Sacramento, California for timberland managers, owing to the changes in its management and the industry. Identity of the company which...