DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS
- A Volatile Swap Index. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32524, p1
The article reports on the volatility in the former Bond Market Association Muni Swap Index has been comfortable, predictable reality for short-term investors. The volatility is the increased presence of price-sensitive institutional clients in the portfolios of short-term money funds that use...
- Watchdog's tough line on bonds. // Money Marketing;4/3/2003, p5
Reports on the British Financial Ombudsman Service's plans to handle complaints from investors who lost money through investments in index-linked income bonds.
- Total Return Fixed Annuities Are Not EIAs. Howard, Lee // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/11/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 37, p31
Compares total return fixed annuities with equity indexed annuities. Similarities and differences; Reason for the confusion over them; Advantages of total return fixed annuities.
- Yields Narrowly Mixed Amid Shifts in Tone. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/25/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 24, p9
The article reports on the Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes which were narrowly mixed and got the highest weekly average since the week ended April 15, 2010, when it was 5.20%.
- Non-Manufacturing ISM Index Surges. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31338, p2
Reports on the increase of the composite index bond for the non-manufacturing business of the Institute for Supply Management organization in New York.
- 10ï¿½ Year TIPs Go at 2.470% High. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p2
Reports that the U.S. Department of the Treasury has sold inflation-indexed bonds. Bid-to-cover ratio; Tenders.
- Inflation protection needed. // Pensions & Investments;8/20/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p10
Comments on the necessity of protecting inflation-indexed bonds. Reason for the preservation of inflation-adjusted bonds; Disadvantages of the abolition of inflation-indexed bonds to institutional and individual investors; Aim of Treasury inflation-protected securities and I-bonds.
- ISM Report on Business Slides to 50.9 in June. Yong Lim // Bond Buyer;8/2/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33558, p2
The article presents the monthly manufacturing business report of the U.S. Institute for Supply Management (ISM) which reveals a decrease of its index from 55.3 in June 2011 to 50.9 in July 2011.
- The Information Content of Treasury Inflation-Indexed Securities. Emmons, William R. // Review (00149187);Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p25
Describes the mechanics of the treasury inflation-indexed securities (TIIS) issued by the United States government. Discussion on the Fisher equation; Reliability of TIIS; Components of TIIS yields.