Suozzi: New Sewer Agency Vital to Nassau Recovery Plan
- N.Y. Needs A More Responsible Spending Plan. Barclay, Williamn A. // Business Journal (Central New York);11/23/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p26
The article reports on the agreement requiring New York State Comptroller's office and the Division of Budget to submit separate annual budget projections. It relates that the State Division of Budget predicts a $4.3 billion shortage for the 2008-2009, while the other office forecasts slow...
- New York Budget Is Late Again, While Education Demands Loom Ahead. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p48
Reports on the budget of New York for fiscal 2004. Proposed spending for education; Budget reform conference; Proposed budget by governor George Pataki.
- Land Trust Alliance and New York State announce $400,000 in NYS conservation partnership grants. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/2/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p12
The article reports that the Land Trust Alliance and the New York State have announced the $400,000 competitive matching grants to 30 various land trust organization throughout the state. Thirty seven matching grant awards will leverage $3.29 million in privately-raised preservation funds, the...
- Cuomo Proposes a Route to Lower Local Pension Costs. Slavin, Robert // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;1/23/2013, p2
The article reports that New York Governor Andrew Cuomo presented his proposed budget for fiscal year 2014. As part of the proposed budget, Cuomo has proposed a Tier VI Savings Finance Plan to bring some of the savings from lower pension costs to local governments. Under the proposed plan, local...
- Another Budget Crisis, Yes. But This Time It's Special. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, NORTH EAST p20
Reports on the fiscal performance of New York as of March 3, 2003. Amount of bonds sold in 2002; Estimated budget shortfall in fiscal 2003; Proposed measures to bridge the budget deficit.
- Democrats seek debate with GOP over Pataki budget. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;5/6/95, Vol. 86 Issue 18, p4
Reports that a group of Democratic leaders from Manhattan, New York, is seeking a debate with their Republican counterparts over the impact of budgetary cuts being proposed by Governor George Pataki and Mayor Rudolph Giuliani. Public services; Merits of the proposed budget; Bipartisan effort.
- Guest editorial: A budget for the rich. Cheliotes, Arthur // New York Amsterdam News;5/6/95, Vol. 86 Issue 18, p12
Editorial. Focuses on the 1995 budget proposal for the state of New York. Economic conditions; Employment problems; Issue on the revitalization of the city's infrastructure.
- Christmas in July. // Crain's Small Business -- New York / Westchester;Sep96, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p25
Focuses on the benefits of the 1996 budget of the state of New York for businesses in the area. $4 billion in lower taxes; Reduction in the costs for workers's compensation and health care.
- Report: NYC out of Albany's biotech focus. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;8/19/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p22
Focuses on the chances for building a biotechnology industry in New York. Report of the Center for Urban Future on the dollars poured by the state for biotechnology projects in different cities; Budget for the high technology and biotechnology programs in Albany; Complaint of upstate favoritism...