Municipal Bond Prices Finish Firm; $2 Billion N.Y. TBTAs Sell to Retail
- Inventories remain lean. // Commercial Carrier Journal;May2011, Vol. 168 Issue 5, p44
The article reports that the ratio of inventories to sales throughout the U.S. economy is just above the record low in February at 1.24 on a seasonally adjusted basis.
- Yield Indexes Mostly Down in Light Trading as Fed Keeps Rates Steady. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;12/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31780, p6
Reports on economic condition in the U.S. Decrease in municipal bond indexes; Reduction in probability of a fall in inflation; Rise in inventories of merchant wholesalers.
- Business Inventories Jump 0.7% in March. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p2
Reports on business inventory and sales gains in the U.S. for March 2004.
- Business sales and inventories--manufacturing and trade. // Economic Indicators;May94, p20
Presents a table and graphs showing business sales and inventories in manufacturing and trade from 1984 through 1994. Seasonal adjustments; Wholesale and retail trade; Inventory-sales ratio; Sources of data.
- Bond issuers will be sitting pretty even if recession strikes, analysts say. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;07/07/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30429, p34
Reports that municipal bond insurers in the United States are confident that they will be able to weather the next recession. Absence of defaults in the municipal bond markets even during a downturn; Rationale behind Berkshire Hathaway Inc.'s acquisition of General Re Corp.; Effects of falling...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 20. // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p2
Presents information on the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 20, 2000. Includes municipal bond deals; Economic indicators.
- Second-quarter turnaround dissected by fund managers. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p1
Focuses on the turnaround of municipal bond funds in the American market since the start of the second quarter of 1997. Yield on the 30-year Treasury bond; Long bond's drop to 6.78%; Dow Jones industrial average; Dormant inflation; Economy's signs of moderation; Portfolio managers' optimism over...
- From the TM3 wire. Gallo, Pete; Nicholson, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;01/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30307, p2
Presents developments in the municipal bond market and the economy in general in the United States as of January 8, 1998. J.P. Morgan & Co.'s winning bid for the Alabama Water Pollution Control Authority bond deal; US Federal Reserve governor Laurence Meyer's anticipation of an economic...
- From the TM3 wire. Rannazzisi, Julie; Nicholson, Jonathan; Graney, Brian // Bond Buyer;01/14/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30310, p2
Presents developments related to the municipal bond market and the economy in general in the United States as of January 13, 1998. Planned $290 million offering by the Brazos River Authority in Texas; Decline in real weekly earnings of workers in December 1997; US Treasury Secretary Robert...