Losses by a few big companies again skew quarterly earnings
- National scans. // AHA News;08/03/98, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p5
Presents news on the health care industry in the United States in 1998. Fourth quarter earnings of Tenet Healthcare Corp. for the period March to May; Decline in quarterly earnings of Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp.; Amount to be paid by Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp. to settle charges filed by...
- Columbia-Tenet rumor leaves observers wondering, `what if?'. Asplund, Jon; Dunn, Philip // AHA News;08/04/97, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p4
Reports on the speculations concerning a merger between Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp. and Tenet Healthcare Corp. Comments from analysts on the effects of a merger between the two companies; Acquisition efforts of the two companies; Internal problems of the companies. INSET: Three Columbia execs...
- Activists seek moratorium on Tenet, Columbia deals. Dunn, Philip; J.A. // AHA News;08/11/97, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p5
Focuses on the call by Community Catalyst and the West Coast regional office of Consumers Union for state attorneys general to impose a moratorium on not-for-profit hospital acquisitions by Columbia/HCA Healthcare and Tenet Healthcare. Reasons cited by the two groups for the moratorium;...
- Columbia, Tenet earnings reports reflect BBA impact. Cys, Jane // AHA News;08/02/99, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p5
Reports on the second-quarter earnings of Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp. and Tenet Healthcare Corp. for 1999. Net income; Impact of cuts in government-funded medical programs; Services offered by health care firms.
- Columbia hospital goes to Tenet. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;11/09/98, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p36
Focuses on the definitive agreement signed by Tenet Healthcare Corp. for a share in a suburban Boston hospital owned by Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp. Details on the agreement; Value of the agreement; Terms of the deal.
- Columbia merger would have ripple effect in N.O. Delevett, Peter // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);08/04/97, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p1
Examines the effect of the proposed merger between Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corporation and Tenet Healthcare Corporation on the health care system in New Orleans. Details on the amount of persons employed by the companies; How merger would affect health care in New Orleans.
- Tax-exempts in New Orleans aim to compete via alliance. Lutz, Sandy // Modern Healthcare;4/22/96, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p42
No abstract available.
- Can Columbia, Tenet do it? Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;07/28/97, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p14
Comments on the proposed merger between Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corporation and Tenet Healthcare Corporation. Predictions for the merger if it takes place; Circumstances surrounding the proposal; Effects of the merger on the financial status of the companies.
- $13 million will clean up Tenet's own fraud mess. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;07/28/97, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p14
Comments on the proposed merger between Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corporation and Tenet Healthcare Corporation, while highlighting the settlement of the fraud investigation which are being conducted at Tenet. Reasons for the settlement of the charges before announcing the merger; Comments from...