MY KINGDOM FOR A SALE: WHERE'S THE INCENTIVE?
- Most office lease rates maintain their strength. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;2/17/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p14A
Reports on the impact of economic downfall on the real estate market in Las Vegas, Nevada as of February 2003. Availability of commercial offices; Rental rates; Profitability of various companies.
- Industrial Market Still Among the Tightest. Britton, Ian // Orange County Business Journal;12/10/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p32
Reports on the effect of economic recession on the North Orange County Industrial submarket. Conservative approach of business owners and tenants to real estate; Vacancy rate; Interest rates of leases.
- Downtown Brooklyn losing its big edge. Cavaluzzi, Joe // Crain's New York Business;3/15/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p13
The article reports on the real estate slump facing Brooklyn, New York City. Brooklyn has seen a huge dulling of its competitive edge as it competes with vastly lowered Manhattan rents, and it has seen tenants of all types and tastes reduce their space needs in response to the recession....
- Class A Space Disappears, So Spec Development Returns. Peterson, Ryan // Orange County Business Journal;3/26/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p35
The article reports on the Orange County's real estate market in late 2011 began showing signs such as positive net absorption not seen since prior to the start of the recession in 2008.
- CHINA. // Building Design;Dec2012 Supplement WA1002013, p61
The article reports that statistics reveal the number of empty properties in China, which may lead to fall-off in residential development and slowing-down of economy.
- Why the Worst Is Over. Schoeneman, Deborah // New York;3/10/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p36
Reports on the status of the real estate sector in New York City in 2003. Viability of the sector to recover from the recession; Average rate for the adjustable-rate mortgage; Comparative performance of the real estate market and the equities market.
- Why It's Time to Be Afraid. Swanson, Carl // New York;3/10/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p37
Reports on the status of the real estate market with the ongoing recession in New York City in 2003. Increase in home pricing; Impact of the heightened unemployment rate on the sector; Optimism level of stock brokers to the recovery of the sector.
- Commercial softness a continued concern. Aguero, Jeremy // Las Vegas Business Press;5/6/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p5
Focuses on the factors affecting the non-residential real estate market in Las Vegas, Nevada. Impact of the economic downturn in the construction industry; Effects of the increase of inflation rate in business industry; Analysis of the revenue growth of the real estate firms.
- Roots of recession found in homes, stocks. Hicks, Mike // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/28/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p26A
The article presents the author's views concerning the cause of recessions, which is linked to stocks and homes.