California The Show Must Go On
- Calendar shift works for retailers in Nov. Lillo, Andrea // Home Textiles Today;12/10/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p1
Reports the sales of retailers in the United States at a state of recession. Increase of sales due to fiscal month of December; Graph of November 2001 sales for major retailers; Effect of weather on the purchase of holiday gifts and apparel.
- Vulnerable firms face evictions; help falls short. Fickenscher, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;8/19/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p4
Reports the impact of economic recession on small retail companies in New York City. Initiatives of the companies to attain survival; Prevalence of companies facing eviction from landlords; Impetus to the economic recession.
- Impact of the European Recessions. // European Retail Digest;Spring94, Issue 2, p49
Discusses the impact of recession on retail trade in Europe as of March 1994. Repercussions in the growth of discounting in Great Britain; Structural changes in retailing; Developments in retailing in Eastern Europe.
- Sometimes it's Even Hard to Give the Store Away. Ruth, João-Pierre S. // Business News New Jersey;1/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p25
Focuses on the impact of recession on the retail industry in New Jersey. Occurrence of bankruptcies among retailers; Expansion plans of Best Buy; Effect of cocooning approach on profits earned by Harvey Electronics.
- Editorial. Reynolds, Jonathan; Pilgaard, Tina // European Retail Digest;Sep2001, Issue 31, p1
Editorial. Assesses the state of the retail trade in Europe as of September 2001. Effect of the U.S. recession on the industry; Examination of issues on customer retention; Impact of the Internet on the retail trade.
- Retailers Take Stock. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/17/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p1
Reports the impact of economic recession on retail trade in New Orleans, Louisiana. Decline of holiday sales; Need for retailers to slash prices to avoid excess inventory; Implication of the financial pressure from bankers and investors for the inventory of retailers.
- Is UK retail on the road to recession? Hemple, Peter // In-Store Marketing;Sep2001, p14
Focuses on the impact of warnings about imminent recession on the Great Britain retail industry as of September 2001. Increase in retail sales in June and July 2001; Share of the retail industry in the British economy; Salary increase in June 2001. INSETS: What causes a recession?;Definitions...
- A Top 500 Blast from the Past. Clark, Ken // Home Channel News;6/7/2010, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p12
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including the weak economy that is spanning globally, the top 500 retail scoreboard, and the analysis regarding the impact of the economic turmoil on various retailers in Australia.
- Retailer fee frenzy hits designers. Pasquarelli, Adrianne // Crain's New York Business;5/17/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p1
The article presents information on how the major retailers' practice of applying chargebacks, designed to address problems in quality and timing of deliveries, is affecting the business of manufacturers and suppliers during recession.