- Retailers talk tech at Lawson users' group. // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p74
Presents highlights of the Lawson Software's 1998 Customer User Exchange Conference in Orlando, Florida. Importance of data warehousing in the retail industry; Monitoring of ongoing performance of the chain; Information systems' resources as being drained by keeping up with software updates...
- Who's using whom? // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p104
Reports on technological developments in the retail industry as of June 1998. Consolidated Stores' installation of the reporting tool DecisionMaster; SuperAmerica Convenience Stores' use of a data warehouse based on Teradata relational database-management system from NCR Corp.; Fleming Cos.'...
- Value-added services alliances. // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p146
Reports on developments in retail stores in the United States as of June 1998. NPC Check Services and Deluxe Payment Protection Systems Inc.'s point-of-sale information; NCR Corp. and TBS First Inc.'s offer of entry-level automated teller machines; National Data Corp.'s finalization of its...
- Retail's leaders are also technology leaders--join them. Kennedy, Sandra // DSN Retailing Today;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on the information strategy of retail stores. Innovations in information technology.
- High street stores need to embrace new technology. Tricker, Graham // Marketing Week (01419285);8/11/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p15
The article discusses the need to adapt to new technology by retail stores.
- Window shopping now truly at your fingertips. // Automatic I.D. News;Mar1995, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p29
Reports on the use of FAO Schwarz flagship toy store in Manhattan, New York of touchscreen technology, called ThruGlass, to serve shoppers. Features of the technology; Advantages.
- The Secret Marketer. // Marketing Week;2/4/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p54
The article reports on the opening of Great Britain's first Best Buy store outlets in 2010 and offers information on information technology support company, Geek Squad.
- New products. // Chain Store Age;Jun97, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p50
Introduces some computer-related products for the retail stores. Identification module by Strategic Systems Associates in Chicago; Thin-client software by Symbol Technologies of Holtsville, New York; Multimedia kiosk by Siemens Business Communication Systems; Marking system from Monark Marking...
- VMI confab examines value-added services. Andreoli, Teresa // Discount Store News;5/1/95, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on the potential benefits of Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) data-sharing technology on retail store operations according to a VMI Conference in Chicago, Illinois. Customer value added service provided by the technology; Pointers for adopting the technology; Importance of VMI...