Wal-Mart: Twice as big by 2007?
- Earnings Growth, Customer Traffic Have Analysts Upbeat. // MMR;12/14/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p55
The article reports that financial analysts asserts that Wal-Mart Stores Inc. remains very stable and stronger in terms of its competitive position despite a volatile economy.
- FORECASTING USING DATA WAREHOUSING MODEL: WAL-MART'S EXPERIENCE. Foote, Paul Sheldon; Krishnamurthi, Malini // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Fall2001, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p13
Examines the applicability of data warehousing model in business forecasting at Wal-Mart. Provision of profit-and-loss statement to major suppliers; Description and function of data warehousing concept; Proposals for the expansion of data warehouse.
- What's Next for the Retail Industry? Longo, Don // Retail Merchandiser;May2003, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p4
Discusses possible trends in the retail industry by the year 2010. Adoption of a multi-format strategy to meet the individual needs of consumers; Success of retail chain Wal-Mart; Growth of supercenters.
- Revived Economy May Be in the (Shopping) Bag. O'Loughlin, Sandra // Brandweek;1/5/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on expectations regarding the impact of the growth of U.S. supermarkets on advertising budgets in 2004. Information on the holiday sales of major retailers in the U.S. in 2003; Forecast on the advertising strategies of supermarkets; Prediction on the performance of Wal-Mart.
- Wal-Mart Predicts Strong Overseas Growth. YAEGER, DON // DNR: Daily News Record;6/5/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 66, p1
The article reports on the strong growth of Wal-Mart in the U.S. and overseas in 2000, the overseas sales of which is expected to go beyond 32 billion U.S. dollars for the year.
- Wal-Mart to add Japan to global lineup. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;1/22/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the growth expectations and profit improvements at the company Wal-Mart in 2001. Factors believed to be the sources of growth; Executives responsible for the implementation of business strategies; Challenges being face by the company.
- Wal-Mart Posts Q2 Profit Gains. Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;8/18/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 33, p10
The article reports on the economic performance of Wal-Mart Stores, which expects ongoing sales volatility on a week-to-week basis in the U.S. Accordingly, the company anticipates comparable-store sales in 2008 to be within a range of one or two percent. H. Lee Scott, company's chief executive...
- SQUARED OFF. Veiders, Christina // SN: Supermarket News;6/26/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 26, p12
The article focuses on the forecasted growth of big box grocery stores in the U.S. in 2009. Club stores have had a positive effect on the big-store market. It details the states that are slated for the Wal-Mart supercenter expansion. Land development challenges and escalating costs are some of...
- ONLINE TOP 5. // Home Media Magazine;5/6/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p3
A list of the most-read headlines on "Home Media Magazine" web site is presented which include topics such as partnership between Warner and Walmart, outlook for disc rental issued by Netflix, and dominance of the Apple iTunes application software in film and television (TV) show sellthrough.