- COMPANY TO WATCH: GRUPO GIGANTE. Cziborr, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;12/30/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p11
Focuses on the expansion plans of Grupo Gigante SA de CV, the Mexican grocery chain operator, in Orange County, California in 2003. Alliance of Grupo with Stanton; Company background.
- Strategic Versus Operational Planning in Small Retail Firms . Robinson, Richard B.; Logan, John E.; Salem, Moragea Y. // American Journal of Small Business;Winter86, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p7
This paper reports some of the results of a study of operational and strategic planning practices in 81 independent grocery stores in South Carolina. High levels of operational planning were associated with significantly higher performance for three of the four performance measures employed....
- Asda Living revises target. // Housewares;Sep/Oct2007, Issue 209, p5
The article reports on the downgrading by Asda, a grocery giant, of its long-term target of opening to 300 Asda Living outlets across Great Britain. A spokesperson said that the eventual target remains 300 potentially, however a more realistic target of 200, for it still depend on the planning...
- Sobeys Eyes Ontario IGAs for Foodland. Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;9/18/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 38, p62
This article reveals the plans of Sobeys to convert most of its community-focused stores in Ontario from the Independent Grocers Alliance (IGA) to the Foodland banner through 2007. The conversion process may involve Sobeys buying back some franchise operations or allowing franchisees to operate...
- DATAMONITOR: Save Mart Supermarkets. // Save Mart Supermarkets SWOT Analysis;Mar2009, p1
A company profile of Save Mart Supermarkets, which is a privately held company operating supermarkets and grocery stores in California and Nevada, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information,phone number and web address. A SWOT analysis...
- Growing on the Chelp. Hamstra, Mark // SN: Supermarket News;5/25/2009, Vol. 57 Issue 21, p12
The article reports that global food retailers are resorting to strategies like expanding small formats and offering discount banners to face the challenges of the current global financial crisis. This is said to have increased the consolidation activity around the world, despite the tight...
- Calgary Co-op launches a comeback. Sillars, Les // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/29/95, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p16
Reports on Calgary Co-operative Association Ltd.'s efforts to raise funds to renovate its supermarkets. Entry into the liquor market; Innovative discount initiative which rewards regular shoppers.
- Harris Teeter. // Chain Store Age;Feb97, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p33RSO
Features the Harris Teeter Grocery Store in Cary, North Carolina, winner of top honors in the supermarket category in 1996 `Chain Store Age' Retail Store of the Year competition. Design by Shook Design Group; Materials; Ambience; Fixtures.
- Store's victory shows the making of a law. Voigtmann, Mark // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/28/95, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p13A
Reports on the Indiana Court of Appeals' decision that a grocery store in New Albany, Indiana is not liable for injuries sustained by a customer from persons shoplifting in the same store. Facts and issue of the case.