Furniture turns the tables on slowdown
- Ongoing Vegas retailer support linked to quality of exhibitors. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;4/15/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p250
Comments on the intention of furniture retailers to attend the World Market Center show in Las Vegas, Nevada in the year 2004. Limitation to the support of retailers to the exhibition; Importance of the quality of exhibitions; Trend on the selling of new products among manufacturers.
- PEOPLE. Escabi, Myrna // Caribbean Business;10/25/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p51
Focuses on the different business celebrities in the United States. Furniture business of Diana and Simon Drury; Launch of hairstyling business by Samy Salon & Spa; Availability of the product line distributed by Tropical Vendors.
- Washington to open another upholstery manufacturer. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;1/11/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p2
The article reports on the plan of furniture supply business owner Gerald Washington to open another upholstery firm called Washington Furniture Sales in Mississippi. It states that the new company will sell recliners at 199 dollars and sofas at 299 dollars and will start its production in...
- Dining makers enhance products, service. Barnes, Marc // Furniture/Today;10/16/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p180
The article offers information on the strategies of the casual dining manufacturers to boost the sales at the fall 2006 market. The enhancements include combinations of stone, metal, and wood with more offerings in tables and chairs at countertop height. Marketing, product development, and...
- THE BIG PICTURE. King, Agnes // BRW;9/24/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p47
The article focuses on entrepreneur Ruslan Kogan. It states that Kogan built an online business to sell furniture and consumer electronics including laptops, video cameras, and televisions. It also mentions that Kogan examines product demand, establishes direct relationships with consumers...
- 1993 office furniture buyer's guide. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/13/93, Vol. 40 Issue 37, p1
Presents 1993 office furniture and their price listings. Furniture by Hon, Lacasse, High Point furniture industries, and others; Furniture models; Features; Price listings; Contact information.
- New orders for residential furniture skyrocket in May. // Wood & Wood Products;Aug94, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the increase in demand for residential furniture in May in the United States. Study by BDO Seidman accounting firm; Increase in number of shipments.
- As home office RTA grows, so does competition. // Discount Store News;5/5/97, Vol. 36 Issue 9, pH14
Reports on the increasing demand and competitions in ready-to-assemble (RTA) furnitures. Challenges faced by discount department stores home office RTAs; Impact of strategic display of RTA furnitures in retail stores; More information.
- Tipping the balance. Korda, Zuzana // Cabinet Maker;11/28/97, Issue 5066, p21
Discusses the availability of motion furniture in the British market as consumers look for furniture that is both interesting and value for money. Examples of designs for action furniture; Manufacturers launching their own range of action furniture; Pricing trends; Factors driving the market.