Aak anchors its sales in Salford
- Rock on the river--shipping by barge. // Pit & Quarry;Jun95, Vol. 87 Issue 12, p24
Presents information on barge transportation in the United States. Advantages; Means of loading barges; Sale of materials by barges; Barges as cost-effective means of transportation. INSET: How to get a barge rate quote..
- Long journey ends in bay. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/18/95, Vol. 235 Issue 12, p26
Reports on the arrival of the ship, which carried a jack-up barge from Singapore, at Chesapeake Bay. Use of the barge to erect bridge trestles; Placement of the barge in a Norfolk drydock.
- A barge for a prince. Beard, Geoffrey // Magazine Antiques;Jun97, Vol. 151 Issue 6, p878
Features the royal barge commissioned by Frederick Louis, Prince of Wales in 1731 which is displayed at the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich, London, England. Short background on the construction of the barge; Specifications of the barge; Design.
- Mississippi barge traffic picks up as waters recede. Brennan, Terry // Traffic World;8/30/93, Vol. 235 Issue 9, p11
Reports on the expected normalization of barge traffic on the Upper Mississippi after the rivers were reopened. Prediction of minor delays of tows; Decrease in number of barges per tow; Coast Guard's reduction in time intervals on barges moving north; Lift on shipments' restrictions of...
- World's biggest barge on course. // New Scientist;3/11/95, Vol. 145 Issue 1968, p13
Reports on the completion of a 70,000-ton concrete barge in Marseilles, France. Purpose of the barge; Length; Comments of the barge owner Elf Congo regarding the vessel.
- Rates up, business strong in barge industry as record harvests give much-needed boost. Krapf, David // Traffic World;2/6/95, Vol. 241 Issue 6, p41
Reports on trends which indicate the recovery of the barge industry in 1995. Expectations of higher rates; Factors which contributed to a temporary barge shortage; Optimism regarding barge companies' profitability.
- Barge shortages presage renewed consolidation. Morris, Gregory D.L. // Chemical Week;5/31/95, Vol. 156 Issue 21, p64
Reports on the shortage of shipyard space to build new barges in the United States. Possibility of another round of consolidation between barge companies; Failure of liquid tank barge operators to provide sport volumes to established customers.
- Seagoing Barges. Sinniger, Kathryn A. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;3/29/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 61, p18929
A correction to the article related to inspection and certification of seagoing barges published in the December 14, 2011 issue of the journal is presented.
- Kuehne expands fleet. // Chemical Market Reporter;07/28/97, Vol. 252 Issue 4, p36
Informs that Kuehne Chemical Co.'s affiliate firm Kearny Barge Co. has added a double hull ocean tankbarge to its fleet. Tankbarge features.