Edmonton Ikea move
- Ikea drops plan to open 3rd N.Y. store. // Furniture/Today;02/05/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p2
Reports the withdrawal of retail store construction plans by furniture manufacturer Ikea in New Rochelle, New York. Basis for the opposition of the residents to the project; Explanation of the withdrawal by project manager Jim Gdula; Company background.
- Ikea in top 10. // Cabinet Maker;06/30/2000, Issue 5194, p3
Informs that Ikea was rated as one of the top ten stores in Great Britain by consumers.
- Ikea buys land for Merseyside store. // Cabinet Maker;10/31/2003, Issue 5362, p4
Reports on the plan of Ikea AB to build a store in Merseyside, England.
- Ikea tackles DIY issue for mega store debut. Fracis, Leithen // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/4/2002, p8
Reports on the scheduled opening of a mega store outlet by furniture retailer Ikea in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Plan to step up marketing activities ahead of the store opening; Selection of TBWA-ISC to handle the advertising account of the company; Adaptability of the range of furniture products...
- Ikea targets kids market. // Discount Store News;1/5/98, Vol. 37 Issue 1, pH4
Introduces the Children's Ikea, an interactive store-within-a-store environment for children launched by Ikea Co. Target age of Children' Ikea; Stores opened in several states.
- Ikea sets biggest Asia unit in Malaysia. // Furniture/Today;02/12/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p28
Focuses on the plan by Ikea AB to invest in a store in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Location of the proposed store; Sales and purchase agreement signed by the company; Financial growth in fiscal 2001.
- Ikea plans store in Connecticut. // Furniture/Today;7/1/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p28
Reports the plan of Ikea AB to open a store in New Haven, Connecticut. Total square area to be occupied by the store; Approval for the opening of the store awaited by the company; Accessibility of the store for the residents in the area.
- Latest Ikea takes new approach. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;7/29/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p1
Reports the opening of another furniture store in Toronto, Ontario by Ikea AB. Experimentation of a coordinated room-setting merchandising concept; Inspiration of the customer; Reengineering of store design.
- What's the big Ikea? George, Melissa // Crain's Chicago Business;09/14/98, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p1
Reports that Ikea's Denmark-based parent, Ingka Holdings BV will open a furniture store in Schaumburg, Chicago, Illinois on November 18, 1998. Number of years that Ikea was searching for a Chicago-area presence; Type of furniture that will be sold at the store; How Ikea expects to benefit from...