Part B Questions & Answers
- Why Medicare honors some billing codes and not others. Self, Don // Geriatrics;Apr98, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p120
Presents a questions and answers segment pertaining to Medicare and billing codes. Types of questions asked; Answers given to the questions.
- Reserve level 5 coding for medical necessity. Self, Don // Geriatrics;Oct98, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p94
Presents a questions and answers segment pertaining to medicare. What codes should be use if a level 5 visit is pre-empted by an unscheduled emergency office visit, in which the patient is seen by a nurse practitioner; Queries what can be done if a doctor performs a surgery which lasted twice as...
- DRE and PSA screenings now covered by Medicare. Self, Don // Geriatrics;Jan2000, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p96
Presents questions and answers pertaining to Medicare in the United States. Coverage of digital rectal exams and prostate-specific antigen tests; Information on the HCFA 1500 claim form; Documentation for a B-12 injection.
- Maintain patient privacy when submitting EOB forms. Self, Don // Geriatrics;Mar2000, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p100
Presents questions and answers from different physicians about Medicare. How to maintain patient privacy when submitting Medicare explanation of benefits; Explanation on the plan of Medicare in changing its reimbursement rules regarding billing for an office visit and a diagnostic test...
- You were paid too much; should you tell Medicare? Self, Don // Geriatrics;Dec2000, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p74
Presents questions and answers about Medicare. Legality behind the overpayment of Medicare for services that were incorrectly coded; Length of time it will take before obtaining a Medicare provider number for an additional doctor; Advice on coding for an arm with two lacerations.
- MEDICARE MATTERS. Self, Don // Geriatrics;Sep2001, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p64
Provides answers to questions related to Medicare. Ways to file Medicare claims; Requirements when submitting an advanced beneficiary notice; Codes used when filing claims for observation services.
- Physicians: Take responsibility for submitting claims. Self, Don // Geriatrics;Oct2002, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p60
Presents a question and answer advisory on the responsibility of physicians to submitted claims on medicare. Complexity on the reimbursement and billing procedures of Medicare; Failure of physicians to claim medicare claims on behalf of patients; Availability of information at www.donself.com...
- Be in the office at time of BP check. Self, Don // Geriatrics;May2003, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p50
Answers questions related to Medicare. Billing of a Medicare patient for blood pressure check; Increase in Medicare's payments; Refunds for x-rays.
- Answers to Your Questions. Moore, Kent J. // Family Practice Management;Mar2002, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p21
Presents a question and answer advisory on coding and documentation of medicare in the U.S. Comparison of excision codes; Details on the code for extra prenatal visits; Definition of sigmoidoscopy.
- Ask FPM. Moore, Kent J.; Szostak-Ricardo, Maryann // Family Practice Management;Jul/Aug1998, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p22
Presents a question and answer segment pertaining to Medicare the United States. Questions the benefits of Medicare to physicians who accept nursing home patients in their practices; Discussion on the importance of a physician notifying patients and insurers when they will be leaving their...