Reflective Writing Application in Nursing -- An Example of Reflective Journal Writing
- Managing patient deterioration: a protocol for enhancing undergraduate nursing students' competence through web-based simulation and feedback techniques. Cooper, Simon; Beauchamp, Alison; Bogossian, Fiona; Bucknall, Tracey; Cant, Robyn; DeVries, Brett; Endacott, Ruth; Forbes, Helen; Hill, Robyn; Kinsman, Leigh; Kain, Victoria J.; McKenna, Lisa; Porter, Jo; Phillips, Nicole; Young, Susan // BMC Nursing;2012, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p18
Aims: To describe a funded proposal for the development of an on-line evidence based educational program for the management of deteriorating patients. Background: There are international concerns regarding the management of deteriorating patients with issues around the 'failure to rescue'. The...
- Following the inspiration of those along the way. Easby, Deborah // British Journal of Nursing;11/8/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p1236
The author presents a narrative of her experiences as a mature nursing student after working as a nursing auxiliary and health care assistant, including the professionalism of her role models and mentors, her community practice placement, and her work with urology patients.
- The use of a reflective grid to aid community nurse education. Judd, Marian // Journal of Community Nursing;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p103
No abstract available.
- REFLECTIVE PORTFOLIO AS A LEARNING EVALUATION INSTRUMENT: NURSES RESIDENTS' PERCEPTION. de Frana, Thiago Eduardo; Vannuchi, Marli Terezinha Oliveira; Guariente, Maria Helena Dantas de Menezes // Journal of Nursing UFPE / Revista de Enfermagem UFPE;Sep2011, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p1658
Objective: describing the resident students' perceptions, involved in the reflective portfolio construction. Method: this is a descriptive study from qualitative approach, performed during the Residence in Nursing Management Services Course, which is located in the Health Science Center from...
- Teaching diagnostic reasoning: Transitioning from a live to a distance accessible online classroom in an Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program. Appel, Susan J.; Wadas, Theresa M.; Talley, Michele H.; Williams, Anne M. // Journal of Nursing Education & Practice;Dec2013, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p125
The advent of online technologies has led to increased opportunities for colleges of nursing to extend their graduate educational curriculums for expanding numbers of students. Likewise, graduate nursing students now have endless choices regarding programs of study, for which they are no longer...
- The value of reflection. Jones, Helen // Nursing Standard;9/15/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p61
Helen Jones offers some advice on how students can learn to cope with the fallout of clinical events.
- DEVELOPING REFLECTIVE WRITING as Effective Pedagogy. Kennison, Monica // Nursing Education Perspectives;Sep2012, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p306
While reflective writing about practice experiences is frequently used in nursing curricula to foster critical thinking, faculty mem- bers may be unaware of how to help students reflect, what kinds of feedback are helpful, and how to deal with students' concerns. This article describes faculty...
- Nurse Educators Reflect on Five-year, $1.5 Million Project to Improve HIT. Page, Christina Orlovsky // NurseZone Newsletter;10/23/2012, p1
The article discusses the achievements of the Health Information Technology Scholars (HITS) Project in transforming nursing education. At the end of the 5-year 1.5 million U.S. dollars grant 1,766 faculty members from 921 schools in 49 states have applied to be part of the program. HITS' goals...
- MAKING OF REFLECTIVE THINKING PRACTITIONER: IMPLICATION FOR CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT. OLARERIN, JokotadeJemilat // West African Journal of Nursing;May2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p53
Reflection and the concept of reflective practice, has in last two decades, received tremendous attention among educators and recently nursing practice. Consequently, wealth of literature and influential writings on reflective thinking. This, in practice of nursing, is regarded as approach per...