Reflective Writing Application in Nursing -- An Example of Reflective Journal Writing
- Managing patient deterioration: a protocol for enhancing undergraduate nursing students' competence through web-based simulation and feedback techniques. Cooper, Simon; Beauchamp, Alison; Bogossian, Fiona; Bucknall, Tracey; Cant, Robyn; DeVries, Brett; Endacott, Ruth; Forbes, Helen; Hill, Robyn; Kinsman, Leigh; Kain, Victoria J.; McKenna, Lisa; Porter, Jo; Phillips, Nicole; Young, Susan // BMC Nursing;2012, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p18
Aims: To describe a funded proposal for the development of an on-line evidence based educational program for the management of deteriorating patients. Background: There are international concerns regarding the management of deteriorating patients with issues around the 'failure to rescue'. The...
- The use of a reflective grid to aid community nurse education. Judd, Marian // Journal of Community Nursing;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p103
No abstract available.
- Following the inspiration of those along the way. Easby, Deborah // British Journal of Nursing;11/8/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p1236
The author presents a narrative of her experiences as a mature nursing student after working as a nursing auxiliary and health care assistant, including the professionalism of her role models and mentors, her community practice placement, and her work with urology patients.
- Personal reflective learning log. // British Journal of School Nursing;Sep2014, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p363
The article presents the journal's pill-out section designed to enable school nurses to use as a tool for reading, learning, reflecting and recording their professions.
- Historiando el origen del Ilustre Colegio Provincial de Practicantes de Huelva. Eugenio Guerra-González, Jose; Lorenzo, Diego José Feria; María Martínez-Sánchez3, Carmen // Cultura de los Cuidados;2014, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p59
This article is about a document of utmost importance for the collegiate body nurse of Huelva extracted from book of proceedings of the Colegio Provincial of Practitioners of Sevilla (5-5-1909/19-8-1918), in which reference is made back in the year 1912 the need of referees in Seville but Huelva...
- SITUACIÃ“N DE ENFERMERÃA COMO HERRAMIENTA PARA ENSEÃ‘AR EL PROCESO DE ATENCION DE ENFERMERÃA. Gómez Rojas, Martha Liliana; Rodríguez Díaz, Blanca Lucy // Revista Cuidarte;ene-dic2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p544
Introduction: This article reports on ongoing reflection that as a teacher of the Chair of Nursing aimed at first and three level students of the School of Nursing of the UCC Bucaramanga, have been provided for reorient, redesign and restructure teaching and learning, allowing who enters the...
- Teaching diagnostic reasoning: Transitioning from a live to a distance accessible online classroom in an Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program. Appel, Susan J.; Wadas, Theresa M.; Talley, Michele H.; Williams, Anne M. // Journal of Nursing Education & Practice;Dec2013, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p125
The advent of online technologies has led to increased opportunities for colleges of nursing to extend their graduate educational curriculums for expanding numbers of students. Likewise, graduate nursing students now have endless choices regarding programs of study, for which they are no longer...
- REFLECTIVE PORTFOLIO AS A LEARNING EVALUATION INSTRUMENT: NURSES RESIDENTS' PERCEPTION. de Frana, Thiago Eduardo; Vannuchi, Marli Terezinha Oliveira; Guariente, Maria Helena Dantas de Menezes // Journal of Nursing UFPE / Revista de Enfermagem UFPE;Sep2011, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p1658
Objective: describing the resident students' perceptions, involved in the reflective portfolio construction. Method: this is a descriptive study from qualitative approach, performed during the Residence in Nursing Management Services Course, which is located in the Health Science Center from...
- Using the principles of realistic evaluation approach in nurse education. Stavropoulou, Areti; Stroubouki, Theodora // Health Science Journal;Oct-Dec2014, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p411
Background: Literature reflects a continuous effort to design and implement a variety of evaluation processes in nurse education. However, various implications regarding the implementation of evaluation to practice were yield. Mixed methods were appraised for their ability to create...