Notes on the nesting behaviour of Yellow-footed Green Pigeon Treron phoenicoptera (Columbidae) at Jeypore Reserve Forest, Assam, India
- BACKYARD WILDLIFE: American Robin. Lambeth, Ellen // Ranger Rick;Mar2012, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p9
The article provides information on robins related to their nesting, eating habits, and physical appearance.
- did you know? BIRDS. // Pest Management Professional;Jul2013, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p60
The article offers various information for pigeons including its 30-million year evolution, airborne behavior and soil its own nest.
- Master builders. Greij, Eldon // Birder's World;Apr2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p48
The article reports on the types of nests which different species of birds build for their embryos. It is reported that, Ploceus weavers of Africa, build special egg chambers and downward projecting tubular openings to deter predatory snakes. It is reported that, South American Horneros birds...
- MASTER BUILDERS. LAMBETH, ELLEN // Ranger Rick;May2012, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p30
The article discusses the building ability of birds including the pyrrhuloxia's bird nest, the pileated woodpecker's carved tree hole, and the masked weaver's woven and hanging nest.
- Homemaker. Greij, Eldon // Birder's World;Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p60
Features the Old World weavers. Habitat of the weavers; Nest positions of the weavers; Constructions of nests by weavers.
- NOTES ON BEHAVIOR STATUS AND DISTRIBUTION. Gallo, Frank // Connecticut Warbler;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p51
The article relates various sightings, behavior status and distribution of bird species. An odd raptor, which may be a hybrid Buteo, was seen on December 19, 2010 along the Housatonic River in Oxford on the Oxford Christmas Bird Count in England. An account of how a black Vulture nest was...
- Terns on tar beach. Jackson, Jerome A. // Natural History;Jul94, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p46
Reports on the author's studies of rooftop-nesting least terns at Singing River Mall in Gautier, Mississippi. Why terns lack natural nesting areas; Difficulties with roof-nesting; How a gravel roof that is more agreeable to the terns was used on a new Sears Roebuck; Consideration of the rise in...
- the Western Tanager. Dannacker, Eva // Gardener for the Prairies;Summer2006, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p24
Provides information on the Western Tanager. Scientific name and physical characteristics; Breeding behavior; Description of the bird's nest.
- Nest Boxes/Nesting. // Backyard Bird Watcher's Answer Guide;2008, p14
The article presents questions and answers related to birds, including the breeding behavior of bluebirds, bird houses and house wrens.