Î ÏÏŽÎ¹Î¼Î· Î´Î¹Î¬Î³Î½Ï‰ÏƒÎ· Î¼Ï…Î¿ÎºÎ±ÏÎ´Î¹Î±ÎºÎ®Ï‚ Î¹ÏƒÏ‡Î±Î¹Î¼Î¯Î±Ï‚ ÎºÎ±Î¹ Î´ÎµÎ¯
- Is Tietze's syndrome more prevalent than suspected? R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;02/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p89
Prescribes treatment options for patients with chest pain suffering from Tietze's syndrome. Prevalence of Tietze's syndrome in patients with chest pain; Tietze's syndrome as differential diagnosis for acute-onset, anterior chest pain.
- Differences in diagnostic evaluation and clinical outcomes in the care of patients with chest pain based on admitting service: The benefits of a dedicated chest pain unit Somekh, Nir N.; Rachko, Maurice; Husk, Gregg; Friedmann, Patricia; Bergmann, Steven R. // Journal of Nuclear Cardiology;Mar2008, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p186
Background: Chest pain is one of the most common complaints of patients presenting at emergency departments. However, the most appropriate diagnostic evaluation for patients with chest pain but without acute coronary syndrome remains controversial, and differs greatly among institutions and...
- Commentary: Time for improved diagnosis and management of patients presenting with acute chest pain. Kennedy, R Lee // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);06/24/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7251, p1704
Comments on a study about the management of patients presenting with acute chest pain. Information on cardiac troponins; Recommendations on how to improve chest pain management.
- Evaluation of the Patient with Acute Chest Pain. Lee, Thomas H.; Goldman, Lee // New England Journal of Medicine;04/20/2000, Vol. 342 Issue 16, p1187
Discusses the importance of correctly diagnosing patients with acute chest pain in order to avoid mistakenly discharging patients with acute myocardial infarction. Clinical evaluation of such patients; Emergency treatment of acute chest pain; Macromolecular markers of myocardial injury;...
- Assessment and treatment of chest pain. Tough, Jackie // Nursing Standard;5/26/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p45
Provides insights into the management and treatment of chest pain. Identification of the anatomy and physiology of organs associated with chest pain; Treatment required for cardiac and life-threatening causes of chest pain; Nursing care of patients with acute coronary syndromes.
- Accuracy of computed tomography findings in acute pericarditis. Hammer, Mark M; Raptis, Constantine A; Javidan-Nejad, Cylen; Bhalla, Sanjeev // Acta Radiologica;Dec2014, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p1197
The article examines on the preciseness of computed tomography (CT) findings in acute pericarditis. It states the use of chest CT in the evaluation of patients with pulmonary embolism (PE). It highlights the accuracy of pericardial thickening/enhancement as the single parameter for pericarditis....
- Acute onset of chest pain in a soccer player. Ross, David S.; Cooper, Gary // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Nov99, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p101
Focuses on the results of an electrocardiogram of a soccer player who had retrosternal chest pain. Causes of acute pericarditis; Common presenting symptoms; Detection of any paradoxical pulse; Observation of the patient's neck veins.
- Chest wall syndrome among primary care patients: a cohort study. Verdon, François; Burnand, Bernard; Herzig, Lilli; Junod, Michel; Pécoud, Alain; Favrat, Bernard // BMC Family Practice;2007, Vol. 8, p51
Background: The epidemiology of chest pain differs strongly between outpatient and emergency settings. In general practice, the most frequent cause is the chest wall pain. However, there is a lack of information about the characteristics of this syndrome. The aims of the study are to describe...
- Acute chest pain in the low-risk patient. Amsterdam, Ezra A.; Pinkowish, Mary Desmond // Patient Care;Dec2004, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p56
Focuses on acute chest pain in the low-risk patient. Goals of the initial clinical assessment of any patient presenting with acute chest pain; Information on how cardiologists identifies patients with chest pain; Results of a study on the usefulness of exercise treadmill testing in coronary...
- Taking sides on costochondritis. P.G.O'C. // Cortlandt Forum;02/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p120
Elaborates on the need to consider costochondritis when evaluating acute onset of anterior chest pain. Association between costochondritis and acute upper respiratory infections; Medical attention needed by the patients suffering from anterior chest pain.