Towards a postcolonial critical literacy: Bhimayana and the Indian graphic novel
- Questions of Reading and Readership of Pictorial Texts: The Case of Bhimayana, a Pictorial Biography of Dr. Ambedkar. Oza, Vasvi // Journal of Writing in Creative Practice;Nov2011, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p351
Bhimayana (2010) is a pictorial biography of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar (1891-1956), a very important Indian leader whose struggles and writings about uprooting the caste system from the Indian society have been of crucial relevance for contemporary struggles by dalits and adivasis (tribals) in...
- THE INHUMAN PRACTICE OF MANUAL SCAVENGING IN INDIA -- A REVIEW. Halu, Basavarajeshwari // Golden Research Thoughts;Jun2014, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p1
For in India a man is not scavenger because of his work. He is a scavenger because of his birth, irrespective of the question whether he does scavenging or not" Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Despite laws abolishing the inhuman practice of manual scavenging, over a million of dalits in 'superpower India' are...
- New York Consulate Marks Ambedka's Birth Anniversary. // News India Times;4/26/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p11
This article announces the celebration of the 122nd birthday anniversary of B. R. Ambedkar by the Consulate General of India in New York at the consulate premises on April 14, 2013.
- Incredible Indian. // New Statesman;4/30/2012, Vol. 141 Issue 5103, p63
A photograph is presented of a worker cleaning a portrait of Bhim Rao Ambedkar, an Indian political leader and activist, on April 13, 2012 in Hyderabad, India.
- ANDHRA PRADESH: Ambedkar Statue Desecrated Again. // India -- West;2/3/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 11, pA44
The article reports on desecration of a statue of social reformer B. R. Ambedkar in Andhra Pradesh, India's East Godavari region triggering protests.
- Huge Furore over Ambedkar Cartoon in Textbook. // India -- West;5/18/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 26, pA35
The article presents information on furore over a cartoon of Dalit icon B.R. Ambedkar in a school textbook in India.
- USE OF INTERNET BY RESEARCH SCHOLARS OF SOCIAL SCIENCE DEPARTMENTS OF DR. BABASAHEB AMBEDKAR MARATHWADA UNIVERSITY, AURANGABAD. Khaparde, Vaishali // International Journal of Humanities & Social Science;Aug2011, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p153
The Study examines use of the Internet of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad. A well structured questionnaire was distributed among the 371 research scholars of social science departments in university under study. Findings of this study show that internet is being heavily...
- The house of dark arts. // India Today;5/28/2012, p24
The article focuses on the controversy that surrounds the political art created by political cartoonist Shankar. He has depicted Indian orator and editor Bhimrao Ramji "Babasaheb" Ambedkar in a drawing that shows the slow progression of Indian political life. A government minister has promised...
- AMBEDKAR VILLAGES An Alternative to Village Development Case Studies from Lucknow. Narender Kumar // Voice of Dalit;Jan-Jun2013, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p9
The article presents a study on the origin of Ambedkar villages in 1991, a name derived from Indian politician, philosopher and historian Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, pertaining to villages having significant dalit population that were named as Ambedkar Villages under the banner of a scheme popularly...