- Power to the People. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31753, p39
Reports on the intention of New Yorkers to submit plans for the construction of a high-voltage transmission line between upstate and New York City to the state's Public Service Commission for approval. Tax-exempt Liberty bond financing to help pay for the proposed transmission line; Estimated...
- Burlington, Vt., to Refund $34 Million for Electric Utility. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p35
Reports on the plans of the officials of Burlington, Vermont, to refund revenue bonds for the Burlington Electric Department. Refunding plans for Series 2001A bonds and Series 2002A bonds; Underwriter for the revenue bonds deal; Company providing insurance for the two deals.
- LCRA, and Texas, Look to Avoid California's Troubled Power Path. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/24/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31477, p1
Reports the decision of the Lower Colorado River Authority to sell their revenue refunding bonds in Texas. Role of Goldman, Sachs & Co. in the negotiated deal; Effect of the plan on the electricity of the community; Establishment of a structural affiliate Lower Colorado Transmission Services Corp.
- Utility sector. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;06/25/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30422, p10
Reports that public power authorities could potentially increase their issuance of refunding and restructuring bonds, influenced by historic low yields in the bond market, according to Merrill Lynch analyst Christopher Mauro.
- N.H. mulls bonding for power utilities' costs. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;03/16/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30351, p34
Reports that New Hampshire lawmakers are looking into the prospect of issuing bonds to help electric utilities recover investment losses and goad a deregulation opponent into dropping its lawsuit. Remarks from deputy treasurer Michael Ablowich; Deregulation effort stalled by litigation filed by...
- Investors seeking utility deals play in belly of the curve. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;05/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30650, p7
Focuses on the trading of electric utility bonds in the United States. Effects of the uncertainty surrounding deregulation of the electric utility market; Maturities of bonds of interest to investors; Refinancing of tax-exempt bonds.
- Texas utility plans $1.4B refinancing. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/18/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30665, p1
Focuses on the plans of Texas-based electric utility, Lower Colorado River Authority to issue refinancing bonds in the state. Options under consideration include the selling of debt on a taxable basis; Plans by the utility to boost its competitiveness in the state's deregulated electric utility...
- Electric power. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30327, p30A
Investigates the performance of electric power bond sales in the United States in 1997. Quarterly bond sales; Total amount issued; Leading issuers and largest deals; Issues and concern related to a legislative bill filed by Republic Representative Frank Murkowski.
- Where Will the Bonds Go? Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;05/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31142, p1
Reports on the debate over California's plan to issue billions of dollars worth of power revenue bonds by August 2001. Possible impact on the sale of other state-level debt; Market's struggle to absorb so much paper from a single issuer plagued by mounting economic uncertainty; Lowering of...