Bond Contracts Stand at Center of Detroit Airport Dispute
- Activists want to do to lease debt what they did to taxes. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p14A
Focuses on activists' attack on California's use of lease-backed bonds. Plan to sponsor initiatives in San Diego and statewide to force voter approval of all forms of state and local debt; Lease revenue bonds in California; Rise of lease debt.
- Oklahoma Reduces Its Debt Amid Spate of Refundings. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p36
Discusses tax-supported debt and refunding bonds issued by the state of Oklahoma to take advantage of interest rates in the U.S. Inclusions in the tax-supported debt; Billion dollar increase in revenue bond issuance in the state; Significance of paying off tax-supported debt.
- Denver Aquarium Bondholders Weigh City Takeover. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p4
Reports on the effect of proposal of Denver, Colorado city to takeover Colorado Educational and Cultural Facilities authority on the investors who hold defaulted revenue bonds sold by the facility in 1997 to finance the Ocean Journey aquarium. Proposal of the city for bondholders regarding...
- Mecklenburg County, N.C., See-Saws Between GO Plans. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p1
Discusses the difference between issuance of general obligation bonds in January 2002 and 2003 in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. Utilization of proceeds of the bond plan in civil work; Number of authorized and unissued debt from referendum for the year 1999, 2000 and 2002.
- Federal revenues still de rigeur asset for Mexican muni deals. // Asset Securitization Report;9/9/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 35, p26
Reports that Mexican sub-national are depending on federal co-participation revenues to back local bonds. Issuance of public debt; Institutional investors; Master trust set up for coupon payments.
- Give Them Some Liberty. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p1
Reports on the preparation for a private-activity bonds to refund budget deficit in New York City. Reduction in state debts; Issuance of Liberty bonds; Use of tax exempt bonds.
- Big deal brightens Mississippi's expected dull year for debt authorization. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p44
Reports that legislators expect a decline of debt authorization in 1998 in Mississippi. Agreement on the state's fiscal 1999 budget; Reason for the decline in appetite for borrowing; Amount of bonds approved; Mississippi State Bond Commission's plans for a series of authorized unissued bonds.
- N.Y. entities to issue $3.2B in first quarter. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/05/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30801, p4
Deals with New York State's issuance of $3.24 billion in debt for the first quarter of 2000. State agencies involved; Issuers' plan; Amount to be issued by each agency; New York State Comptroller H. Carl McCall.
- One Strong Year Follows Another, as Issuance Jumps 19%. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31572, p30
Reports that states in the Southeast U.S. took advantage of market conditions in 2002 to issue 19 percent more in municipal debt than in the year 2001. Percentage of bonds sold as new money; Bond issuance in the Southeast U.S. in 2001; Increase in the use of debt of states in 2002.