Helen Hubbard Joins Treasury's Office of Tax Policy
- Higher Hurdles for Women. Samborn, Hope Viner // ABA Journal;Sep2000, Vol. 86 Issue 9, p30
Explores professional opportunities for women lawyers in the United States. Problems faced by women lawyers; Results of a survey on opportunities for women lawyers; Inequality in the salaries received by women lawyers.
- How to select legal counsel. Liss, Arthur Y. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p16
Presents tips on how to select attorneys for local housing agency management and in-house legal counsel in the United States. Need to learn to manage the litigation process; Key to controlling litigation costs; Steps in selecting an attorney; Indicators of an attorney's effectiveness;...
- Hourly Billing Breeds Lazy Lawyers. Slavin, Nat // Corporate Legal Times;Jul2002, Vol. 12 Issue 128, p4
Focuses of the effects of hourly billing on work attitudes of lawyers in the U.S. Receiving and paying an outside counsel bill; Reduction of legal department's costs.
- judge for yourself. // New Orleans Magazine;Jan2001, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p38
Answers several questions regarding the methodology used by Woodward/White Inc. in the survey `The Best Lawyers in America 2001-2002.'
- Courting the kitchen? Coeyman, Marjorie // Restaurant Business;12/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 18, p38
Reports on the reasons for legal counsels' attraction to restaurant business. Similarities between the restaurant business and legal practice; Cooking as having a room for a structured discipline; Restaurants as small businesses from which attorneys tend to have an expertise; Restaurants as...
- Women raise profile in law profession. // Christian Science Monitor;1/9/96, Vol. 88 Issue 30, p4
States that the report, by the American Bar Association, which focuses on women lawyers, said that although women are advancing in the profession, gender bias still persist. Other details of report on female lawyers including salaries; Comments from Laurel Bellow, chairwoman of the American Bar...
- Law: The worms turn. Sparks, Debra // FW;5/23/95, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p52
Focuses on the legal profession in the United States. Public's distrust and hate for lawyers; High compensation of lawyers; Slowing of the growth of revenues in the legal industry; New realities for law firms. INSET: First, we fire all the lawyers, by Dan Cordtz..
- Why does the world hate lawyers? Scarry, Donald M. // Northern New Jersey Business;6/14/95, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p26
Comments on the bad public image of lawyers in the United States. Characterization of the legal profession of what is wrong in society; Transfer of public hate to the criminal defense bar; Hatred of lawyers defending the American underclass.
- League Business. Anderson, Michelle // Commercial Law Bulletin;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p50
Focuses on the benefits of attorney certification according to the American Board of Certification in the U.S. Recognition of certification within the bankruptcy and/or creditor rights communities; Validation of growth in specialization programs; Effect of certification of client referrals.