N.C. Bill Limiting Governor's Power To Withhold Funds May Get Vetoed
- West Virginia's Pension Plan Gets New Lease on Life With Resolution. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31801, p32
Analyzes the impact of a resolution passed by West Virginia-based lawmakers on the sale of pension bonds. Factors that led the administration to revive the proposal; Likely interest rate on sale according to lead underwriter; Significance of the bond sale for the state.
- A balance budget is needed, but risk at convention too great. Estes, Craig // Graham Leader;3/6/2011, Vol. 135 Issue 58, p3A
In this article, the author discusses the aspects of the Senate Joint Resolution 1 in Texas which called on Congress to pass and amendment to the U.S. Constitution requiring the federal government to balance its budget every year.
- Senate passes CR, disaster aid after deal struck. // Hill;10/3/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 133, p28
The article offers information on the senate vote that passed continuing resolution (CR) for federal government disaster funding.
- Louisiana Eyes Requiring Approval From Legislature for Hospital Debt. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/9/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33513, p6
The article reports on a resolution considering by Louisiana lawmakers in May 2011 to require legislative approval of a plan to issue revenue bonds to finance a proposed new state hospital in New Orleans.
- OHIO: Toledo Goes Alternative Toledo Goes Alternative. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/28/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33357, p9
The article reports on Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority's approval of an inducement resolution issuing up to 10 million dollar taxable revenue bonds to fund alternative energy projects in Toledo, Ohio.
- ALABAMA: Storm-Tossed Schools. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/5/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33512, p7
The article reports on the resolution recently passed by the Legislatures which entails the funding of the reconstruction and repair of the damaged school infrastructure due to tornados and storms that ravaged several counties in Alabama.
- House Budget Panel Approves $15-Billion Peace Dividend. Pitsch, Mark // Education Week;3/4/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p24
The article reports that the U.S. House Budget Committee has approved a budget resolution that calls for a reduction in defense spending, and includes two different options for the use of the savings. One option would devote all of the savings to deficit reduction while the other would split the...
- Nervous lenders wait for 'Plan B' LaRose, Greg // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/6/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on the concern of real estate professionals and mortgage lenders due to the decision of the President George W. Bush not to back House Resolution 4100 in Louisiana. Mortgage lenders are already worried about the status of long-delinquent loans on damaged and destroyed homes,...
- Cold cuts. // Christian Century;5/3/2003, Vol. 120 Issue 9, p5
Comments on a budget resolution passed in the U.S. House of Representatives that included a list of tax cuts in domestic programs for children, the elderly and the disabled as of May 3, 2003. Sources of cuts included in the budget resolution; Program formed for veterans in the U.S.; Response of...