On Verge of Deal, Chicago Education Board Gets Upgraded Again
- Schools Under Scrutiny. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31848, p35
Reports on the increase in the number of schools on the financial watch list of the Illinois State Board of Education.
- New Superintendent Appointed in Illinois. // Education Week;4/25/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p22
The article announces that Christopher Koch was appointed Superintendent of the Illinois State Board of Education.
- 95 Schools on the Bubble. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/7/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33295, p9
The article reports on the 2010 school district financial report of the Illinois Board of Education wherein they put 95 schools on their watch and early warning list after an annual review of the districts' financial status.
- State to oust East St. Louis school board. Ingram, James // Michigan Citizen;5/13/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 27, pA5
The article reports on the assertion of spokesman for the Illinois State Board of Education Matt Vanover that State Superintendent Christopher Koch intends to ask the state board to disband the East St. Louis (ESL) School Board.
- School Finances Appear To Be Worsening in Illinois. // Education Week;3/26/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p4
The article presents information on school finances in Illinois according to a report from the Illinois board of education, suggesting that the state is at a higher risk of financial strength than in previous years and that budget cuts will lead to educational underfunding by the state.
- STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION. // Illinois Register;1/4/2016, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p280
The article presents the January 2016 Regulatory Agenda of the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Illinois Sidles Up To Online Tests. // Electronic Education Report;9/13/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p7
Focuses on the plans of Illinois Board of Education to seek proposals to help it examine the feasibility and practicability of putting its state standardized tests into an electric format in January 2003. Participation in the pursuit of online testing in the U.S.; Concern by officers of the...
- STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION: NOTICE OF ADOPTED AMENDMENTS. // Illinois Register;8/6/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p11581
The article presents the "Notice of Adopted Amendments" issued by the Illinois Board of Education regarding the transitional bilingual education (TBE), which is aimed at providing bilingual education services to students enrolled in preschool programs founded by the districts. It mentions that...
- Chicago Schools Sets $400M Mixed Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/23/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32739, p4
The article reports on a $400 million floating- and fixed-rate general obligation deal set by Chicago Board of Education in Illinois. The Chicago Public Schools' (CPS) finance team is planning to issue the transaction in two series, $250 million of fixed-rate bonds and $150 million of auction...