NEWS IN BRIEF
- 'Risk-free' in a post-AAA world. DiBiasio, Jame // Asian Investor;Sep2011, p28
The article reports on the decline of the U.S. credit rating in 2011. It states that the nation's 10-year Treasury yield dropped to 1.97%, its lowest rate in over 50 years. On August 5, the Standard & Poor's Corp. downgraded the country's credit rating to AA+. Details on the impact of the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;8/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31446, p2
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of August 2002. Decline of applicants for state unemployment benefits; Decrease of the producer price index; Increase of credit ratings for the general obligation bonds.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;8/14/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31449, p2
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of August 2002. Stability of the federal funds rate; Increase sales of the retailers; Decline of the credit rating of the University Community Hospital.
- Credit quality gains independence from regional trends. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;11/05/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30515, p30
Reports on the growing independence of individual state credits from regional economic trends in the United States. Factors driving the trend; Focus on individual credits and less on the region surrounding it; Sectors that will continue to define regions; Sensitivity to global trends.
- Moody's: Slowdown Not Hurting Munis. // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p2
Reports that the United States economic slowdown has not affected municipal credit quality. Downgrades in credit rating; Problems with corporate income taxes.
- From the TM3 wire. Marois, Michael B.; William, Selway // Bond Buyer;07/31/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30447, p2
Reports on economic developments in the United States, compiled as of July 31, 1998. Includes the assignment of Standard & Poor's AAA issuer credit rating to the Silicon Valley city of Palo Alto in California; Labor Department's report on the country's employment cost index for the second...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;10/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31487, p33
Presents charts and graphs depicting several market indicators in the U.S. Performance of municipal bonds; Prices of treasury bills; Credit ratings.
- Up/Downgrade Ratio Improves in Quarter. Conrad, Lee // Bank Loan Report;4/9/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p1
Analyzes the improvement in the overall ratio of upgrade to downgrade credit rating in all bonds issued in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2001.
- Far West bond-watch. Figler, Andrea; Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30846, p31
Reports developments related to bond issues in the United States as of March 2000. Includes issuance of short-term credit rating to Los Angeles Department of Water and Power; Plan of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California to build a reservoir; Efforts of the Ballona Wetlands...