Rating-Wise, D.C. Is Faring Better Than Analysts Expected
- City's bond rating in jeopardy. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;5/31/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p1
Forecasts the decline of the existing bond rating of the city of Tucson, Arizona and its implications for economic development. Existing credit rating; Revenue from taxation; Implications for increased interest rates on bonds and increased budget deficit.
- Virginia Lawmakers Stepping Up Tax, Budget Negotiations. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31830, p4
Reports that the financial committees of the Virginia General Assembly have started negotiations to reach a compromise on tax revision and budgetary matters. Amount of bond package favored by Governor Mark R. Warner; Plan to increase upper-bracket income taxes and sales taxes; Proposed...
- Philippines Globals Under Pressure. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/25/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 27, p7
Reports on the economic condition in the Philippines as of October 25, 2004. Spread of U.S. Global bonds; Forecast on the amount to be raised from the tax reform proposals of the government; Warning issued by Standard & Poor's on the credit ratings of the country.
- Shelby Stable. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31975, p31
Reports on the assignment of a AA-minus issuer credit rating and a stable outlook to Shelby County, Alabama by Standard &Poor's Corp. Growth of the property tax base of the county; Impact of growth-related capital pressures on the county's strengths; Plan of county officials to issue debt;...
- Bonding for Clemson. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p35
Focuses on the sale of triple-A rated revenue bonds worth multi-million dollars for Clemson University, South Carolina. Winner of the bid; Primary objective of issuing bonds.
- Reoffering Yields. // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p36
Presents data related to yields of reoffered bonds in the U.S. as of January 7, 2002. Amount details and credit ratings of offerings made by several companies.
- Phoenix Rises From the Recession With $260 Million GO Issue. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31391, p30
Reports on the credit ratings of general obligation bonds of the government in Phoenix, Arizona. Recovery from economic recession; Projections of valuation growth; Improvement city parks and facilities.
- Flaunting Upgrade, San Antonio's AA-Plus Utility Sets $573M Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31446, p1
Reports the marketing of electric and gas system revenue bonds of the City Public Service in San Antonio, Texas. Credit rating of the bonds; Reimbursement for cash spent on gas distribution systems; Conversion of the computer system.
- Moody's Puts Palm Beach County, Fla., in Gilt-Edged Territory. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31450, p34
Reports the increasing general obligation bond rating of the Palm Beach County in Florida. Enhancement of the refunding bond sale; Amount of the average per capita income; Recognition of the diverse economic base.