A Seismic Switch: Certified Switchgear for Nuclear Power Plants is providing a critical link in the chain
- Nuclear power. // Power;Dec93, Vol. 137 Issue 12, p15
Presents equipment, services and techniques for improving nuclear power plants. Includes a laser welding method from Westinghouse Electric Corp.; Casks for storing spent fuel from EPRI; Backwashing aids for boiling-water reactors from Pall Corp.
- New tensioning equipment saves critical path time in nuclear outage. // Power Engineering;Oct95, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p54
Features the tensioning equipment used at Tennessee Valley Authority's (TVA) Browns Nuclear Plant in Texas. Power-plants operated by TVA; Impact of the tensioning equipment to radiation exposure and critical path time; TVA's agreement with Biach Industries; Problems during the detensioning process.
- Buzzer will save fish and permit. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/26/97, Vol. 238 Issue 21, p38
Features a new acoustic fish deterrence system which provides a nuclear power plant with low-cost, environmentally-sensitive means to maintain its discharge permit through the use of high-frequency sound. Adverse environmental impact; Traditional mitigation measures; Studies done on the...
- Microprobe tests nuclear plant materials without harming vessel. Chambers, Ann // Power Engineering;Jun96, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p13
Reports that North Carolina State University's K. Linga Murty is developing a method to assess the condition and life expectancy of various metallic components in aging nuclear power plants. Adaptation of a stress-strain microprobe; Brittleness of steel nuclear plant components; System based on...
- Cooperheat at eyes a hot opportunity. Pandya, Mukul // Business News New Jersey;11/13/96, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p34
Features Piscataway, New Jersey-based heat treatment company Cooperheat, that develops heat-related technologies for nuclear power plants. Specialization in the process called annealing; Completion of an annealing work for a reactor at a nuclear plant in Marble Hill in Indiana; Background on...
- Containment Venting System. // Nuclear Plant Journal;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p13
The article offers brief information on the Filtered Containment Venting System (FCVS) from Areva Inc.
- Nuclear Plant Journal Product & Service Directory 2004. // Nuclear Plant Journal;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p5
Presents the Product and Service Directory 2004 Issue of the U.S. international publication "Nuclear Plant Journal". Directory directions; List of advertisers; Products and services; Corporate capabilities; Corporate capabilities participants; Suppliers; Journal services.
- Nuclear. Makansi, Jason; Jones, Cate // Power;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 141 Issue 6, p46
Presents information on technology in nuclear power plants. Information on a data acquisition system demonstrated at Western Resources Incorporated's Wolf Creek nuclear station; Details on a technique for steam-generator repair developed by Ontario Hydro Technologies in Canada; Development of a...
- Nuclear fluid handling equipment: Are sparks still in the ashes? O'Keefe, William // Power;Jul93, Vol. 137 Issue 7, p29
Focuses on nuclear power plant fluid handling equipment, with emphasis on minor improvements and ancillary equipment. Effect of apparent demise of nuclear power on innovation and development; Nuclear pumps; Coolant pumps; Hydrostatic design; Shaft-seal modifications; Feed pumps for reactor or...