NEWS IN BRIEF
- U.S. ran $5.4 billion deficit in December. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;01/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30565, p2
Focuses on the budget deficit of the United States Federal Government in December 1998. Turnaround from December 1997; Social Security benefits payments.
- state's budget crisis define healthcare resources. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep2003, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the decision of lawmakers to cut programs in higher education, social services and health care to alleviate the budget crisis in the U.S. Decline in state spending; Implementation of Medicaid cost-control measures; Amount of the budget shortfall.
- U.S. ran $25.2B deficit in July. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;08/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30710, p2
Reports that the United States federal government has posted a budget deficit of $25.16 billion last July 1999.
- U.S. Ran $17.1 Billion Deficit in November. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;12/22/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30545, p2
Focuses on the budget deficit posted by the United States government in November 1998.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p33
Presents several news related to public finance in the United States as of November 25, 2002. Postponement of a 600 million dollars general obligations deal in New York; Raise in taxes for the closure of projected budget gap by governor John G. Rowland; Borrow of 80 million dollars by the...
- FEDERAL FINANCE. // Economic Indicators;Aug2003, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p32
Presents tabular and graphical data on federal finance in the U.S. in 2003. Federal receipts in the first 10 months of the year; Increase in federal current receipts in the second quarter; Budget deficit in the first 10 months of the year.
- FEDERAL FINANCE. // Economic Indicators;Jun2004, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p32
Presents charts and graphs on the U.S. public finance in the first eight months of 2004. Deficit incurred by the government; Increase in receipts and outlays; Rate of current expenditures.
- Understanding the Reagan Deficits. Campen, James T. // Educational Leadership;Oct86, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p76
Focuses on the U.S. budget deficits during the administration of U.S. President Ronald Reagan. Increase in budget deficits during the term of Reagan; Limitations of the efforts of the Reagan administration to control the budget deficit and balance the national budget; Links between the budget...
- Congress Studies Sale of U.S. Lands. Quade, Vicki // American Bar Association Journal;May82, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p534
Reports on congressional hearings to evaluate the landholdings of the U.S government in spring 1982. Assessment of government holdings that can be sold to help offset a projected budget deficit in 1983; Lobbying initiatives for the sale of federal lands; Inventory of government lands in the U.S.