N.J. High Court's Review of Debt Could Hinder Solid-Waste Plans
- Atlanta's GO Rating Downgraded by S&P. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31380, p1
Reports the decline of general obligation debt rating of the government in Atlanta, Georgia. Restoration of adequate reserves; Estimation of the general fund expenditures.
- Some macroeconomic implications of rising levels... Macklem, Tiff // Bank of Canada Review;Winter94/95, p41
Considers some of macroeconomic implications of rising levels of government indebtedness and provides illustrative calculations of their importance in the Canadian context. Review of the simple arithmetic that links the level of government debt, the deficit, taxes and expenditures; Three broad...
- In Washington, more spending seems to be the answer. // East Bernard Express (TX);2/11/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p4
The author comments on the extra government spending of the U.S. federal government that will likely cause an increase to the debt of the country.
- California De Novos Benefit From External Forces. Adams, John // U.S. Banker;Dec2003, Vol. 113 Issue 12, p48
Reports on the growing public debt in the state of California. Use of a series of short term loans to pay the state's operating expenses; State expenditures; Need for Governor Schwarzenegger to develop a contingency plan for the budget.
- When comparing county debt, be sure to use similar apples. FRANZI, EMIL // Inside Tucson Business;1/17/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p14
The author reflects on the comparison of the spending and debt issue of Pima County, Arizona with that of Maricopa County, stating that such comparison is not fair due to the differences on the number of people living in municipality of each county.
- FEDERAL FINANCE. // Economic Indicators;Feb2005, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p32
Presents charts and graphs on U.S. federal finance. Federal debt from 1988 to 2005; Federal receipts by source and outlays by function in the first four months of fiscal 2005; Increase in federal current expenditures in the fourth quarter of 2004.
- THE EFFECT OF DEBT LIMITS: SOME NEW EVIDENCE. Pogue, Thomas F. // National Tax Journal;Mar70, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p36
Studies the effects of local government debt limits in the United States. Local government spending; Effect of debt limits and referendum requirements on per capital debt levels; Impact on local government share of combined state and local spending.
- A CASE OF VOLUNTARY SUBSCRIPTIONS TOWARDS MUNICIPAL EXPENSES. Custis, Vanderveer // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Nov11, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p164
Examines a case of voluntary subscriptions toward municipal expenses in the U.S. Funding of the floating indebtedness; Policy of deficit financing; Loss of revenue from liquor licenses; Method of raising funds by public subscription.
- The Prosperity of Debts. // Saturday Evening Post;7/28/1934, Vol. 207 Issue 4, p22
Reports on the modesty of government debts in the U.S. Total amount of debt of the U.S. compare as compare with Great Britain; Statement by the author regarding the accumulation of the country's debts; Assertion of the author that the total outstanding governmental debt of the U.S. if greater...