THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- Delays Risk Muni Extenders. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;6/24/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33339, p1
The article reports on the delays of the proposed primary bond provisions extensions due to revisions of tax legislation in the U.S.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;10/20/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32985, p5
The article provides information on the "Bond Buyer" legislative status report in the U.S. The proposed legislation for Build America Bonds Act includes the authorization given to nonprofit entity for the issuance of taxable credit bonds. The legislation intends to improve transportation...
- Lawsuit Could Delay Opening of Bond-Funded Arkansas Jail. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32412, p40
The article reports on the possible delay in the opening of the bond-funded jail for Saline County, Arkansas if the U.S. District Court Judge Lanny Fite will rule in a legal verdict against the opening of the jail. County officials were forced to go to the polls three times to win approval for...
- Senators indicate changes likely for electricity tax bill. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/20/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30751, p7
Reports on the possible changes to an electricity tax bill in the United States. Preservation of the use of tax-exempt financing for municipal utilities in a competitive electricity market; Introduction of the Bond Fairness and Protection Act; Participation of municipal utilities in retail...
- Tax-Credit Debt Fades To BABs? Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;1/26/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33255, p1
The article reports on the legislation being introduced in the U.S. Congress which suggests that the traditional tax-credit bonds may be substituted by bonds that offer Build America Bond (BABs)-style direct subsidies to issuers. James Polfer, chief of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS)...
- Congress Passes Extenders Bill; Obama Signs Omnibus. Hume, Lynn // Bondbuyer.com;12/17/2014, p16
The article reports on the passage of a bill called extenders, that extends expired bond-related and other tax provisions retroactively through 2014 and an omnibus spending bill that funds most government agencies through the end of fiscal 2015 and cuts some grant programs, by the U.S. Senate....
- House Passes Bill with Muni-Related Extenders. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;12/4/2014, p16
The article reports on the bill passed by the U.S. House of Representatives that would extend expired tax provisions related to bonds, state and local taxes and Puerto Rico. Topics discussed include changes on the bill hoped to be seen by Republican Congressman Orrin Hatch of Utah, the issues to...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p34
Presents an overview of various laws and legislation related to bond market in the U.S. Provisions of U.S. President George W. Bush's economic stimulus plan; Developments related to America's Better Classrooms Act of 2003; Provisions of National Defense Rail Act.
- In West Virginia, Two Bond Bills Move Forward. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p4
Reports on the approval of two bond-related proposals by West Viginia's House Finance Committee on February 26, 2003. Provisions of the proposals; Estimated outlay of the proposals; Last day of the legislature's regular session.