More Power to California
- Who produces and uses the most energy? // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p84
Presents statistics on the countries which produce and use the most energy, in terms of British Thermal Units (Btu). Countries that produce the most energy, including the United States, Russia, China, and Great Britain; Countries that use the most energy, including the United States, China,...
- Isaac Asimov's futureworld: Energy. // Boys' Life;Jan1991, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p24
Part IV. Provides ideas for new energy sources for the future, by the author, Isaac Asimov. Oil and natural gas are convenient but the supply of these substances are expected to be used up before the 21st century is over. Nuclear energy; Solar;Water and waves.
- Energy Sources. // Congressional Digest;May91, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p138
Looks at United States energy consumption and its steady growth since the early 1980s. Discusses the three major energy consumption sectors, sources, and supply and demand.
- Decomposition of SO2, NOx and CO2 emissions from energy use of major economic sectors in Taiwan. Lin, Sue J.; Chang, Tzu C. // Energy Journal;1996, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
Uses the Divisia index approach to decompose emission changes of So2, NOx and CO2 from major economic sectors in Taiwan during 1980 to 1992. Data consolidation; Transportation sector; Comparison with Germany, Japan and the United States; Economic issues.
- Integration of Short and Medium/Long Term Planning in the Indian Power Sector. Thukral, Kapil; Ramesh, S. // Energy Journal;Jan1990, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p101
Presents a study on the power supply and the integration of long term planning in the power sector of India. Power sector planning in India; Time horizons and generation technology options; Scope and limitations of the methodology; Data input in the study; Result of the study; Policy...
- A micro-econometric analysis of the industrial demand for... Woodland, Alan D. // Energy Journal;1993, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p57
Offers an econometric analysis of the industrial demand for energy in New South Wales, Australia, during an eight-year period. Data drawn from the Australian Bureau of Statistics' (ABS) Census of Manufacturing Establishments; Determinants of the demands by manufacturing firms for energy sources...
- Deregulation: Scanning the US South. Kemezis, Paul // Electrical World;Jan1998, Vol. 212 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on electricity restructuring in the Southern of the United States. Reference to a campaign by Mississippi's Repuiblican Governor Kirk Fordice, for immediate deregulation; Details on various states which have lobbied for retail choice; Skepticism from the Mississippi Public Service...
- Turkey clears legal hurdle; financing awaits. Sandler, Neal // Electrical World;Jan1998, Vol. 212 Issue 1, p49
Presents information on the Turkey private power program. Indepth look at the Turkey's private power program which had slowed progress and tested the confidence of foreign investors; Information on the amount of MW the awards covered; Details on the enacted build operate law by the government in...
- Heavy traffic may cause market to slow. Leone, Marie // Electrical World;Mar1998, Vol. 212 Issue 3, p5
States that because of the rapid development of the energy market there has been an increase in water flows on the transmission system. How this trend will impact on some key facilities; Information on the impact of increased normal water conditions on hydroelectric generation.