POSTCARDS FROM MARRAKECH
- Costcutter's problem has been that it doesn't and hasn't historically cut costs". Leyland, Adam // Grocer;3/23/2013, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses reports within the issue on topics related to the grocery industry in Great Britain including one about the Co-Operative Movement, one about the Convenience Retail Awards, and one about Costcutter Supermarkets Group Ltd.
- Ten apprentices get Costcutter HQ roles. // Grocer;10/6/2012, p77
The article reports that convenience store chain Costcutter has taken 10 apprentices at its head office in York, England.
- briefs. // Grocer;3/31/2012, p13
This section offers news briefs in the grocery industry in Great Britain including launch of the Star Retailer trade support program by Heineken, Smiths News and Menzies Distribution's launch of a system for retailers, and move of Costcutter to introduce new black and red staff uniforms.
- FAIR OF FASCIA. Brown, Rob // Grocer;8/18/2012, p40
The article reports on transformation of physical stores in the convenience retails sector in Great Britain. It is noted that many retailers have introduced new fascias and store formats. One of these retailers is Costcutter which has improved the fascia of Kwik Save. It is asserted that these...
- CHRISTMAS CHEER. // Checkout;Dec2009, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p56
The article reports that retailer Costcutter is planning to sell a specially-designed festive candle to raise funds for Our Lady's Children's Hospital in Crumlin, Wales.
- Bibby acquisitions fuel record results in 2010. Phillips, Beth // Grocer;6/18/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8009, p10
The article reports that the Bibby Line Group-owned British convenience store chain, Costcutter, recorded a four percent increase in sales in 2010.
- York Uni to trial c-store retail course. // Grocer;4/9/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8000, p13
The article reports on the Diploma in C-Store Retailing offered by Costcutter at the University of York, England.
- Costcutter in record spend on TV adverts. // Grocer;8/20/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8018, p10
The article reveals a plan by Costcutter to advertise on digital television channels for the first time in September 2011.
- Costcutter steps up to Sunday threat. Mannering, Robin // Convenience Store;7/6/2012, p4
The article reports about the Super Sunday Savings campaign of Costcutter in response to the suspension of Sunday trading laws during the Olympics and Paralympics duration.