perception vs. reality
- Can This Project Be Saved? // PM Network;Mar2012, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p26
The article presents views of several management consultants on things one should do while handling a failing project. One consultant suggests that one should gain an understanding of the issues that led to the failure of the project. Another suggests that it is important to ensure that one...
- An Investigation on the Stakeholders of Construction Projects in Dubai and Adjacent Regions. Malkat, Mohamad; Byung-GYOO, Kang // International Proceedings of Economics Development & Research;2012, Vol. 45, p77
Construction stakeholder management is a relatively new concept in Dubai and adjacent regions with a scarcity of research addressing the subject. This paper underpins the construction professionals' existing stakeholder management knowledge by outlining the influence sphere of project...
- EXPLORING CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS FOR STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT IN CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS. Jing Yang; Geoffrey Qiping Shen; Manfong Ho; Drew, Derek S.; Chan, Albert P. C. // Journal of Civil Engineering & Management;2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p337
With a focus on different aspects of stakeholder management, various sets of critical success factors (CSFs) have been suggested in the literature. It is crucial to explore the relative importance and groupings of these factors. This paper aims to identify CSFs associated with stakeholder...
- IN PRACTICE: MANAGE PEOPLE FIRST TO KEEP PROJECTS ON TRACK. Cabanis-Brewin, Jeannette // Chief Learning Officer;Nov2011, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p40
The article discusses project management in the context of organizational change. The discussion topics include a stakeholder analysis of people who will be affected by a change project, a scope facilitation plan to manage resistance to change and keep the project on schedule, and effective...
- Section One: Introduction. // AMA Handbook of Project Management;2006, p13
The article discusses various reports which appeared in the book "The AMA Handbook of Project Management" including the project management profession and the processes involved in such management.
- Defining the role of project and account manager. Gray, Andi // Westchester County Business Journal;8/6/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 32, p8
The article provides an answer to a question on the role of account and project manager.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT PITFALLS. Stattler, Elaine // Managing People at Work;Sep2012, Issue 366, p6
The article offers information on the rules that project managers must consider to prevent scope creep pitfalls, known as the tendency for a project to expand over time, in order to ensure that every aspect of a project runs smoothly.
- EXECUTIVE BRIEF. // PM Network;Aug2008, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p29
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on project management practices in non-traditional fields, on the increasing demand for project managers with cross-cultural skills and on good leadership.
- Intergenerational projects. Middleton, Louise // Children & Young People Now;2/07/2012, p36
The article focuses on the intergenerational projects, which can be a valuable way of promoting greater understanding and respect between younger and older people. It says that the themes of the intergenerational projects can be tailored to address specific issues, such as fear of crime or...