China, Russia urged to thwart 'naked strategic encirclement' by U.S., using Eurasian landmass
- Central Asian military treaty. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Jun96, p8
Reports on China and Russia's signing of the Agreement on Mutual Military Confidence-Building Measures which creates a buffer zone between them in Central Asia.
- EASTERN DRAGON BACKED BY DOUBLE-HEADED EAGLE: RUSSIAN NAVAL INDUSTRY HELPS CHINA TO RAISE ITS NAVAL POWER. Shcherbakov, Vladimir // Naval Forces;2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p58
The article focuses on the naval relations between Russia and China. It is revealed that the basis of the increasing naval power of China was formed by Russian multibillion dollar weapons packages. Chinese designers also copied successful Soviet and Russian systems. Throughout their...
- Dai Xu on China's Military Strategy. // Chinascope;Jan/Feb2010, Issue 43, p8
The article provides insights from Chinese Air Force Colonel Dai Xu on China's military strategy. He claims that the U.S. government is suppressing China in terms of territorial boundaries and application of sanctions. He mentions his prediction of war facing China in the next 10 years. Dai Xu...
- What Does the Future Hold for the U.S. Navy's Aircraft Carriers? Cancian, Mark // World Politics Review (19446284);2/10/2016, p1
The article discusses the debate over the whether the U.S. need aircraft carriers and if so, how many as prospective adversaries like Russia and China build long-range weapons and create anti-access and area-denial environments. Topics discussed include the uncertainty over the future of...
- Russia, China, Iran find common ground in support of Syria's Assad. // Geo-Strategy Direct;6/13/2012, p8
The article reports on the anti-West alliance of Russia, China and Iran concerning the turmoil in Syria. It states that the alliance is beginning to take shape with the ascendance of Vladimir Putin as president of Russia. It mentions the support provided by Russia, China and Iran to the regime...
- Russian Arms Exports Shrink. Friedman, Norman // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jul2007, Vol. 133 Issue 7, p88
The article discusses the factors behind the postponement of the planned meeting of the Russian-Chinese Commission on Military-Technical Cooperation. According to a Russian periodical, the main reason for the cancellation of the meeting was a substantial reduction in military-technical...
- War is No Solution in Korea or Anywhere Else: Global Times, People's Republic of China. Kern, William // Moderate Voice;7/16/2010, p17
An excerpt from the article "War is No Solution in Korea or Anywhere Else," by Dai Xu in the newspaper "Global Times" is presented.
- Russo-German technology cooperation. Macrae, Duncan // Interavia Business & Technology;Jan95, Vol. 50 Issue 586, p36
Reports that the defense ministries of Russia and Germany have begun talks over a framework treaty on cooperation in military technology. Supply of spare parts and maintenance for Soviet-made aircrafts.
- Members explore defense conversion. // China Business Review;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p56
Reports on the meeting of council members in the United States to discuss the country's role in the conversion of China's defense facilities. Possible participation of American defense related companies in the conversions; Need for the US to reduce suspicion and mistrust between the two countries.