China, Russia urged to thwart 'naked strategic encirclement' by U.S., using Eurasian landmass
- Central Asian military treaty. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Jun96, p8
Reports on China and Russia's signing of the Agreement on Mutual Military Confidence-Building Measures which creates a buffer zone between them in Central Asia.
- EASTERN DRAGON BACKED BY DOUBLE-HEADED EAGLE: RUSSIAN NAVAL INDUSTRY HELPS CHINA TO RAISE ITS NAVAL POWER. Shcherbakov, Vladimir // Naval Forces;2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p58
The article focuses on the naval relations between Russia and China. It is revealed that the basis of the increasing naval power of China was formed by Russian multibillion dollar weapons packages. Chinese designers also copied successful Soviet and Russian systems. Throughout their...
- Dai Xu on China's Military Strategy. // Chinascope;Jan/Feb2010, Issue 43, p8
The article provides insights from Chinese Air Force Colonel Dai Xu on China's military strategy. He claims that the U.S. government is suppressing China in terms of territorial boundaries and application of sanctions. He mentions his prediction of war facing China in the next 10 years. Dai Xu...
- War is No Solution in Korea or Anywhere Else: Global Times, People's Republic of China. Kern, William // Moderate Voice;7/16/2010, p17
An excerpt from the article "War is No Solution in Korea or Anywhere Else," by Dai Xu in the newspaper "Global Times" is presented.
- Members explore defense conversion. // China Business Review;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p56
Reports on the meeting of council members in the United States to discuss the country's role in the conversion of China's defense facilities. Possible participation of American defense related companies in the conversions; Need for the US to reduce suspicion and mistrust between the two countries.
- China's military holding out against good US relations. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Jul2010, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p35
The article reports on the conflicting interests between the military and political leadership in China in relation to strong military ties with the U.S.
- Dai Xu On Establishing the South China Sea Construction Corps. // Chinascope;Jul/Aug2012, Issue 58, p34
The article presents the insights of Air Force Colonel Dai Xu on establishing the South China Sea Production and Construction Corps that would combine production and military functions. Dai Xu says that suggests that China should try to establish a construction and production corps in South...
- Hyping China threat is reckless policy. Mann, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/22/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 25/26, p97
Focuses on the frequent expressions of concern on the threat of the developing Chinese military force. The dangers of spreading threats; Comparison of China and the former Soviet Union; Technology standards of China; Possibility of China as a strategic threat.
- SYRIA-RUSSIA. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);7/5/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4887, p13
The article focuses on the report of the leftist daily newspaper "AS SAFIR" in Beirut, Lebanon regarding the statement of the government of Moscow, Russia that it will not sell the SS-26 Stone tactical ballistic missile system to the government of Damascus, Syria until the Russian army meets its...