China, Russia urged to thwart 'naked strategic encirclement' by U.S., using Eurasian landmass
- Central Asian military treaty. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Jun96, p8
Reports on China and Russia's signing of the Agreement on Mutual Military Confidence-Building Measures which creates a buffer zone between them in Central Asia.
- Russian arms technology pouring into China. Novichkov, Nicolay // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/12/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 20, p72
Discusses Russia's sale of state-of-the-art military equipment to China. The historically unfriendly relationship between the two countries; The sale of weapons as an indication of a new era of military and political cooperation; The change as driven by the countries' increasingly common...
- Russia, China, India: A New Strategic Triangle for a New Cold War. Rahn, Julie M. // Parameters: U.S. Army War College;Winter2001/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p87
Explores the strategic relationship of Russia with India and China. Factors mediating the alliance; Geopolitical implications of the alliance; Impact of the alliance on the U.S.
- Will Gore's Slips Sink U.S. Ships? Waller, J. Michael // Insight on the News;05/15/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p22
Argues that United States (US) Vice President and Democratic Presidential Candidate Al Gore's nonproliferation policy toward Russia has allowed China to buy Russian cruise missiles designed to sink US Navy aircraft carriers. Problems with the US defense-conversion program for Russian...
- China-Russia Relations: Summer Heat and Sino-Russian Strategizing. Yu Bin // PacNet Newsletter;9/16/2013, Issue 72, p2
The article reports on the military exercises conducted by China and Russia in 2013, which are not aimed to target any third party.
- China-Russia Pact Aims To Stymie U.S. Plans. Taverna, Michael A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/23/2001, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p28
Reports on the strategic defense agreement between Russia and China on the United States' military defense policies in the Asian region. Details of the strategic alliance; Reaction of the countries' leaders.
- The Potential for a China-Russia Military Alliance Explored. MacHaffie, James // Alternatives: Turkish Journal of International Relations;Summer/Fall2011, Vol. 10 Issue 2/3, p21
China is now a major power in the international system. One axiom of the realist theory on international politics is that states will acquire power to ensure their own position and security within the system. One effective way Major or Great Powers have done this is through alliance building....
- The Emerging Sino-Russian Axis. Nemets, Alexander V.; Scherer, John L. // World & I;Jun2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p72
Comments on the alliance between Russia and China. Weapons purchased by China; Missiles launched by China during a military parade; Threat to the United States.
- FOCUS: Russian arms sales to China. Gerry, Alexander // Officer;Dec2000, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p29
Warns that the growing Russian proliferation of advanced weaponry and technology poses risks to the United States national security. Transfer of arms and military technology to China; Acquisition of Russian Sovremenny class destroyers; Plan to test anti-ship missiles.