College Sales Continue Summer Growth In July
- Higher Ed. Helps Propel Thomson Learning Revenue Growth. // Educational Marketer;11/1/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p6
Reports on the revenue growth of Thomson Corp. in the U.S. Increase in the sales of electronic products for library reference; Factors contributing to the growth in the revenue of the company; Recovery in the international operations of Thomson Corp.
- INDUSTRY STATISTICS BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;6/12/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 24, p12
The article presents statistics on the market performance of the U.S. publishers and publishing industry as of June 12, 2006. $36.9 billion is the total 2005 revenue, including sales from small publishers, estimated by BISG. $30.1 billion is the total 2005 revenue, using traditional sources,...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;2/16/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 7, p1
The article presents news briefs on the topics of revenue and profit at publishing company Simon & Schuster (S&S), a decline in bookstore sales in the U.S. in 2014 versus 2013, and the decline in revenue at the publisher Hachette Book Group USA in 2014.
- Good Gains for Holtzbrinck. // Publishers Weekly;9/17/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 37, p6
The article reports that total revenue at Holtzbrinck in Germany rose 7.5% in 2006 to 2.24 billion euros and operating earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) increased 10.0% to 206.6 million euros. Sales in the consumer book group in the U.S. also increased 8.0%....
- K-12 Supplemental Sales Up In June; Textbooks Decline. // Educational Marketer;8/9/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the decline in the net sales of K-12 textbooks from April-May 2004 in the United States, according to the Association of American Publishers. Decrease of textbook sales in both the elementary and secondary levels; Improvement of sales revenues from supplemental materials; Reduction of...
- Houghton Mifflin K-12 Revenue Flat in 2004, Growth In Open Territories; College Revenue Declines 2.3%. // Educational Marketer;3/14/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the financial performance of Houghton Mifflin Co.'s K-12 publishing division for the fourth quarter of 2004 in Boston, Massachusetts. Percentage of increase in revenue incurred during the period; Growth in sales for textbook and supplemental materials in open territories; Comparison...
- Budgeting 101. Kinsman, Matt // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jan2008 Superbook, Vol. 37, p12
This article presents steps to be taken by publishers to improve their budgeting process, based on experiences of Robert Hardy, chief financial officer of Endurance Business Media, and Dan Kinnaman, president and publisher of Professional Media Group. They advised publishers to start the process...
- Kensington Sees 9% Growth in Fiscal 2006. // Book Publishing Report;12/25/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p3
The article reports on the net sales of Kensington Publishing Corp., which is one of the nation's largest independent publishers of fiction. The Kensington Publishing Corp., has reported a net sales increase of about 17 percent in 2006. The sales in the United States market also increased to 22...
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;5/9/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p5
Reports developments on publishers and publishing in the U.S. Revenue increase for the entire organization of the McGraw Hill Cos. Inc. Bertelsmann AG revenue increase for the first quarter of 2005; Increase net income for organization.