Thomson's Gale Unit Scale in K-12 Market With Acquisition of Sleeping Bear Press
- Sleeping Bear Press Divests Assets. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/26/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 34, p10
Focuses on several deals completed by Chelsea, Michigan-based publisher Sleeping Bear Press, as of August 2002. Sale of the children's division of the company to the Gale Group; Acquisition of the remaining assets of Sleeping Bear by former shareholders of the company; Terms of the deals.
- HOT OFF THE PRESS. // Library Talk;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p24
Presents news briefs on the school library media and technology sector in the U.S. as of November 2002. Introduction of an imprint for students in grades K-6 by Chelsea House Publishers; Acquisition of the Children's Division of Sleeping Bear Press by Gale.
- Gale adds literary references to online service. // Technology Connection;Nov97, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p34
Focuses on Gale Research's addition of two literary reference databases to GaleNet online subscription, `Dictionary of Literary Biography and Contemporary Literary Criticism.' Contact information.
- Gale winds could blow Penobscot. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;10/21/96, Vol. 12 Issue 43, p3
Reports that Gale Research Incorporated plans to relocate its office from the Penobscot Building when its lease expires in 1998. Comments from Beth Dempsey, director of corporate communications; Background information on the company.
- Multimedia reviews: Databases. Valenza, Joyce // Media & Methods;May/Jun96, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p28
Reviews Gale Research's UXL Biographies database.
- Fledgling Gale Group keeps busy. Lucas, Sloane // Adweek Eastern Edition;9/29/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 39, p49
Reports on Gale Group Inc.'s increase in billings after it broke three advertising campaigns and landed two accounts in the United States. Specialization of the agency; Gale's advertising duties in its current accounts.
- The missing decimal. // Searcher;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p4
Opinion. Presents information on Gale Research Company. Citing of Gale's Ready Reference Shelf; Details on the Compact Disc- Read Only Memory database; Benefits of this database in reducing reference to library materials.
- Two Literary Reference Standards to Go Online on GaleNet Service. // Information Today;Sep97, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p48
Reveals the plans of Gale Research Company to make available GaleNet. Dictionary of Literary Biography (DLB) and Contemporary Literary Criticism (CLC), two literary databases to its online subscription service. Features of DLB and CLC; Comments from GaleNet editorial program manager, Don...
- Gale bundles CD-ROMS with American Multi-Systems. // Computers in Libraries;Dec93, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p34
Reports that Gale Research is now bundling its CD-ROM products with compatible hardware. Options for customers; Product features.