Financial Planners: 'Your Witness'
- The Broker's Chum. Simonoff, Evan // Financial Planning;Jul99, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p79
Interviews financial planner Harold Evensky on stockpicking. Drawbacks of stockpicking; Views on the tax-efficiency argument; Status of the mutual fund industry.
- Evensky Takes His Show On The Road. Rasmussen, Eric // Financial Planning;Jul2000, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p24
Reports that financial planner Harold Evensky has formed his own company, the Evensky Group. Vision and target of the company; Partners and companies under the Evensky Group; Services offered by Evensky.
- Inviting the Cook to the Grocery Store: An Expert's Role in the Discovery Process. Bershad, Benjamin I. S.; Bodmer, Jason E.; Reed, Jacob M. // Commercial & Business Litigation;Summer2013, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on the importance for expert witnesses to acquire accurate, timely, and comprehensive information in developing a reasonably specific opinion, citing the need to involve a financial expert early and throughout a case as a protective standard. It discusses the common...
- The Expert Witness: What the Planner Does. Dumont, Karen M. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec1997, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p100
Discusses the role of financial planners in being expert witnesses in cases taken to arbitration through the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD). Information on the NASD Rules of Fair Practice and history of court rulings; Responsibility of an expert witness; Developing an area of...
- The Expert Witness Arena: New Ground for Practitioners. Bogumil, Natalie M.; Bogumil, Walter A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug1999, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p89
Provides information to help identify a new niche for financial planning practitioners in the expert witness work in litigation cases. Legal areas where financial planners who serve as an expert witness for attorneys can work; Qualifications necessary to be an expert witness; Responsibilities...
- MOVERS SHAKERS & DECISION-MAKERS. // Financial Planning;Jan2001, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p86
Features financial planners Harold Evensky, Deena Katz, Bob Veres, Ross Levin and Bill Bachrach, who were voted as the most influential people in the financial planning profession. Similarities among the planners; Basic strategy used to succeed in the business; Pieces of advice given by Veres to...
- PARTNERS IN EVERY SENSE. // Financial Planning;Jan2001, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p88
Features financial planners Harold Evensky and Deena Katz of The Evensky Group. Factors that contributed to their success; Business plans for The Evensky Group; Mission of the company; Advantages of the plans to members of the group.
- Show Us Your Portfolio. // Money;1998 Special Year End Issue, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p52
Profiles investor Harold Evensky, a certified financial planner and chairman of the industry's board of standards. His investing philosophy; Stocks which make up his portfolio; Recommendations on bonds and mutual funds.
- 'Dynamic Duo' now offering consulting for PFP advisors. Klein, Melissa // Accounting Today;9/22/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p18
Reports on an institutional consulting business formed by financial planners Deena Katz and Harold Evensky in the U.S. Sectors that need consulting services offered by Katz and Evensky; Reasons for the failure of banks and accountants who venture into financial planning; Passion of the couple...