The Rewards of Serving the Middle-Income Client
- The Perfect Profile. Bowen Jr., John J. // Financial Planning;Jun2010, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p23
The author offers tips on how financial advisors can create an ideal client profile. He emphasizes the need for advisors to consider several factors that will help them identify their target market including the client's life stage, occupation, and educational level. He recommends advisors to...
- Life Stories. KASS, ELLIOT // Onwallstreet.com;Mar2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p48
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of how she became financial planner and putting her clients' interests first.
- Positive charge. Byrne, Tony // Money Marketing;1/10/2013, p21
The author comments on how the government's Retail Distribution Review (RDR) helps create better relationships between clients and independent financial advisers (IFA) in Great Britain.
- How to Build a Niche Practice. Grote, Jim // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p24
The article discusses the application of niche practice, a focus on a particular client such as baby boomers or expectant parents, in financial planning as a strategy for economic growth. The pros and cons of niche practice are presented which include its ability to create deeper understanding...
- Minding Your 'Alpha-Bets' Gresham, Stephen D. // On Wall Street;Mar2005, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p70
Presents guidelines for financial advisors on adding value to services beyond their clients' expectations. Importance of the ability of advisors to proactively provide clients with good ideas; Suggestions on the creation of critical objectives for clients; Opportunities offered by the number of...
- Young planners 'only see upside' with C & D clients. Stewart, Tim // Money Management;6/7/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p4
The article reports that National Australia Bank Ltd.'s (NAB) financial planner banking national manager Daniel Lowinger has revealed the move of young financial planners to gather lists of clients with grades of C and D from established institutions and treat them as referral source in 2012.
- Get smart. Be a planner! // Money Management;6/7/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p28
The article reports on a survey conducted by Macquarie Practice Consulting to financial advisers in Australia in 2012 which reveals the average number of clients that they can associate with and the relation of the size of their brains in the process.
- Advisors Miss Opportunities With a Key Client Group: Women. // Investment Advisor;Aug2011, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on the results of a survey that women control between one-third and one-half of wealth in the U.S. however, financial advisors manage a small percentage of women's assets as there is a gender gap when it comes to women's financial knowledge.
- The Agony Of Retirees. Veto, Dan // Bank Investment Consultant;Nov2008, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p30
The article discusses some recommendations and solutions, which will be provided by financial advisors for their clients who have regrets on their retirements. It cites the several possible scenarios, which the clients have drawn on their savings for savings in the economic downturn. Moreover,...