Nutritional Status and Eating Practices among University Students in Selected Universities in Selangor, Malaysia
- THE COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, NUTRITION, AND IMPLICATIONS FOR INTERVENTION AND FUTURE RESEARCH. FERRARA, CYNTHIA M. // Journal of Exercise Physiology Online;Feb2009, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p23
Recent research suggests that approximately 35% of all college students are overweight or obese, with many at risk for weight gain during the college years. Poor nutrition and physical inactivity contribute to the increased risk of weight gain and prevalence of overweight and obese individuals...
- Prevalence of and Factors Associated with Overweight and Obesity among Jordan University Students. Suleiman, Ahmad A.; Alboqai, Omar K.; Yasein, Nada; El-Qudah, Jafar M.; Bataineh, Mo'ath F.; Obeidat, Bayan A. // Journal of Biological Sciences;2009, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p738
To determine the prevalence of overweight and obesity among Jordan University students and to investigate some factors that might be associated with overweight and obesity. A cross-sectional survey was conducted at Jordan University, Amman, Jordan from March to September, 2005 using a multistage...
- Protein: the vegetarians laugh last Rodale, Robert // Prevention;Dec1984, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p14
No abstract available.
- Overweight and Components of the Metabolic Syndrome in
College Students. Huang, Terry T.-K.; Kempf, Angela M.; Strother, Myra L.; Li, Chaoyang; Lee, Rebecca E.; Harris, Kari J.; Kaur, Harsohena // Diabetes Care;Dec2004, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p3000
Presents a study that examined the relationships between weight status and components of the metabolic syndrome in college students. Research design and methods used; Comparison of anthropometric and metabolic indicators between normal-weight and overweight students; Results of the study.
- Could you have diabetes and not know it? // Ebony;Mar2008, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p141
A chart is presented that tests a person for chances of getting diabetes and a chart for body weight versus height to determine a person's susceptibility to get diabetes.
- Changes in Malnutrition Among Under 5 Years Old Children in North of Iran. Veghari, Gholamreza; Jahanshahi, Mehrdad // Journal of Biological Sciences;2007, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p1424
This study was carried out to compare nutritional status among under 5 years old children in the villages of Gorgan districts (North of Iran) during 1997 (stage 1) and 2004 (stage 2). By using cluster and simple sampling, 20 villages were chosen and 20 persons completed the questionnaires and...
- Imagem corporal de adolescentes de cidades rurais. Miranda, Valter Paulo Neves; Conti, Maria Aparecida; Bastos, Ronaldo Rocha; Laus, Maria Fernanda; de Sousa Almeida, Sebastião; Ferreira, Maria Elisa Caputo // Revista CiÃªncia & SaÃºde Coletiva;jun2014, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p1791
The scope of this article is to evaluate the body image of adolescents from rural cities and its relationship with nutritional status, sex and the adolescent phase. Adolescents of both sexes participated in the cross-sectional study. Body image was evaluated through the Body Shape Questionnaire...
- Validity of a self-reported measure of familial history of obesity. Paradis, Ann-Marie; Pérusse, Louis; Godin, Gaston; Vohl, Marie-Claude // Nutrition Journal;2008, Vol. 7, Special section p1
Background: Familial history information could be useful in clinical practice. However, little is known about the accuracy of self-reported familial history, particularly self-reported familial history of obesity (FHO). Methods: Two cross-sectional studies were conducted. The aims of study 1 was...
- Ethnic variation in validity of classification of overweight and obesity using self-reported weight and height in American women and men: the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Gillum, R. F.; Sempos, Christopher T. // Nutrition Journal;2005, Vol. 4, p27
Background: Few data have been published on the validity of classification of overweight and obesity based on self-reported weight in representative samples of Hispanic as compared to other American populations despite the wide use of such data. Objective: To test the null hypothesis that...