Nutritional Status and Eating Practices among University Students in Selected Universities in Selangor, Malaysia
- THE COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, NUTRITION, AND IMPLICATIONS FOR INTERVENTION AND FUTURE RESEARCH. FERRARA, CYNTHIA M. // Journal of Exercise Physiology Online;Feb2009, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p23
Recent research suggests that approximately 35% of all college students are overweight or obese, with many at risk for weight gain during the college years. Poor nutrition and physical inactivity contribute to the increased risk of weight gain and prevalence of overweight and obese individuals...
- Overweight and Components of the Metabolic Syndrome in
College Students. Huang, Terry T.-K.; Kempf, Angela M.; Strother, Myra L.; Li, Chaoyang; Lee, Rebecca E.; Harris, Kari J.; Kaur, Harsohena // Diabetes Care;Dec2004, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p3000
Presents a study that examined the relationships between weight status and components of the metabolic syndrome in college students. Research design and methods used; Comparison of anthropometric and metabolic indicators between normal-weight and overweight students; Results of the study.
- Could you have diabetes and not know it? // Ebony;Mar2008, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p141
A chart is presented that tests a person for chances of getting diabetes and a chart for body weight versus height to determine a person's susceptibility to get diabetes.
- Ethnic variation in validity of classification of overweight and obesity using self-reported weight and height in American women and men: the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Gillum, R. F.; Sempos, Christopher T. // Nutrition Journal;2005, Vol. 4, p27
Background: Few data have been published on the validity of classification of overweight and obesity based on self-reported weight in representative samples of Hispanic as compared to other American populations despite the wide use of such data. Objective: To test the null hypothesis that...
- Validity of a self-reported measure of familial history of obesity. Paradis, Ann-Marie; Pérusse, Louis; Godin, Gaston; Vohl, Marie-Claude // Nutrition Journal;2008, Vol. 7, Special section p1
Background: Familial history information could be useful in clinical practice. However, little is known about the accuracy of self-reported familial history, particularly self-reported familial history of obesity (FHO). Methods: Two cross-sectional studies were conducted. The aims of study 1 was...
- Changes in Malnutrition Among Under 5 Years Old Children in North of Iran. Veghari, Gholamreza; Jahanshahi, Mehrdad // Journal of Biological Sciences;2007, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p1424
This study was carried out to compare nutritional status among under 5 years old children in the villages of Gorgan districts (North of Iran) during 1997 (stage 1) and 2004 (stage 2). By using cluster and simple sampling, 20 villages were chosen and 20 persons completed the questionnaires and...
- The better gauge to protein depletion. Bistrian, Bruce R.; Blackburn, George L.; Sherman, Mindy; Scrimshaw, N. S. // RN;Jul76, Vol. 39 Issue 7, pICU1
Explores the usefulness of techniques in the assessment of protein-calorie malnutrition. Amount of creatinine excreted by healthy men; Height index of creatinine among students; Difficulties in the use of weight as a measure of nutritional status.
- HOW MUCH PROTEIN? Aceto, Chris // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Sep2006, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p82
This article provides a question and answer related to protein consumption. The question asks about how much protein should be consumed per day, and the editor answers that people should ingest between 0.7 and 1/25 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight per day, depending on whether an...
- Feeding of oak ( Quercus leucotrichophora) leaves and evaluation for its potential inclusion in the feeding of native heifers of Kumaon Himalaya. Paswan, Vinod; Sahoo, Artabandhu // Tropical Animal Health & Production;Dec2012, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p1931
After an initial survey on feeds and feeding practices at Kumaon Himalaya, the potential of oak leaves feeding was evaluated in six native heifers ( Bos indicus; 101.5 kg BW, 18-24 months) in a partial switch-over design involving two animals each on each treatment at a time. The feeding...