Planning in the Intuitive Age
- Carpe Datum, Part II. McCarthy, Ed // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2000, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p50
This article suggests ways of helping average financial planners achieve an acceptable level of information technology (IT) integration. The suggestions include the development of information technology skills internally, the utilization of a software developer/consultant, and the formation of a...
- CE Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p74
The article presents a short test on the contents of the July 2003 issue of the Journal of Financial Planning.
- CE Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p74
The section presents an examination for financial planners.
- Expanding the Body of Knowledge. Peck, Maureen // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p12
This section focuses on the mission of the 'Journal of Financial Planning,' which is to expand the body of knowledge of the financial planning profession. To conceptualize--knowledge, acquaintance with facts, range of information, awareness or understanding, is essential to excellence in work,...
- Practice what you preach. Liondis, George // Money Management;7/28/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p12
Focuses on the goal of advisers to improve the financial gains of their clients in Australia. Recognition of the value of good practice management by financial planners.
- The Future of CPAs In Financial Planning. Desmarais, David M. // Accounting Today;Oct2008 CPA Wealth Provider, Vol. 22, p27
The author discusses the certified public accountant as a financial advisor. He explains that the accountant many times becomes the financial planner though it is not obvious to the client or the advisor. The author continues to discuss how the accountant can give financial advice through a...
- The risk factor. Jacobs, Richard // Money Marketing;7/5/2012, p36
The author discusses a financial planning-related case study which focuses on the importance of communicating investment risk and loss capacity. He describes a problem raised by a client involving risks associated to his pension fund and personal investments. He explains why it is necessary to...
- A Rosier Outlook. // Financial Planning;Feb2013, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p17
The article offers information on the Retirement Advisor Confidence Index released by the magazine "Financial Planning," which indicates an improvement in the business condition of wealth managers in January 2013.
- Dealer groups focus on young planners. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;2/14/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p1
The article reports that financial planning dealer groups seek to reduce the average age of planners as way of future business proofing.