Planning in the Intuitive Age
- Carpe Datum, Part II. McCarthy, Ed // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2000, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p50
This article suggests ways of helping average financial planners achieve an acceptable level of information technology (IT) integration. The suggestions include the development of information technology skills internally, the utilization of a software developer/consultant, and the formation of a...
- Internet Impact. Veres, Bob // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p34
This article discusses the impact of the Internet on the financial planning profession in the U.S. as of September 2002. There are several changes brought about by the three major communications innovations of the past five centuries. The first, which has been studied in depth by historians, is...
- My Final Exam. Moisand, Dan // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p54
â€¢ Though few agree on how financial planners should be regulated, most agree that today's system has serious flaws. This paper, winner of the Journal of Financial Planning's 2004 Call for Papers competition in the Future of the Profession category, envisions a future in which financial...
- New Standards for Financial Planners. Ward, Gerry // Business & Economic Review;Jul-Sep2003, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p21
Focuses on standards set by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) for financial planners. Brief information about ISO; Objective of the Technical Committee 222; Brief information about the process for financial planning.
- CORRECTIONS. // Financial Planning;Jul2007, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p18
Several corrections to articles published in the June 2007 issue of "Financial Planning" are presented including "Behind the Numbers," by Marshall Eckblad and "FP50: The Independent Broker-Dealer Survey."
- Mad Rush, Part II. Wenger, Scott // Financial Planning;Feb2013, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p12
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including one on financial planning decisions and laws and another on financial advisors and their clients.
- Life Stories. OLSEN, PAT // On Wall Street;Sep2013, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p56
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of going into wealth management after seeing his father's flourishing construction business collapse in 1973 because he did have a good financial advisor to help him with a comprehensive financial plan.
- CE Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p74
The article presents a short test on the contents of the July 2003 issue of the Journal of Financial Planning.
- CE Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p74
The section presents an examination for financial planners.